Friday, November 4, 2011

Review: Eragon

Title Eragon (Inheritance 1)
By Christopher Paolini
Source I own it
Pages 497
Recommended by Me

First sentence Eragon knelt in a bed of trampled reed grass and scanned the tracks with a practiced eye.

Synopsis
When Eragon discovers the strange blue stone he found in the mountains isn't a stone at all but a dragon egg he begins the adventure of a lifetime as the first dragon rider the land has had for over a hundred years.

General thoughts
I've read this book I believe four times now and it never changes. It's as exciting and fun every time. I love the whole idea of this story. I've always been fond of stories about someone that is special, someone important and unique. (I'm sure a therapist would have lots of fun with that) Anywho, this is one of my favorite series and I loved it as much this time around as the first time I read it. If you like fantasy and haven't read this series...Oh my gosh get off your butt and go read it. ;)

Characters
Eragon, I don't think it hurts that Paolini wrote this when he was 15, it makes for a very realistic character in Eragon.
Saphira, ADORE her. Who wouldn't?
Brom, A wonderful teacher and mentor for Eragon.
Murtagh, *Long, dreamy, sad, sigh*
Arya, Slightly uppity but I think that's what Paolini was going for.

Would I recommend it?
Uh, weren't you listening?! YES!!!

10 comments:

  1. I love this series. So happy that it's almost Inheritance time!!! *happydance*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I have had this series in my TBR pile for a long time, but every time I pick up Eragon I can't seem to get through it. :( Sad I know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could manage a re-read of these. But I'm not going to even try. Oh, well.

    Hey, speaking of cool authors on Twitter, guess who just joined up yesterday? Yep. Christopher. NOW you REALLY want to find us over there, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, I know, I'm so excited!

    Ang, The first time I tried to read it ages ago I had a hard time getting into it too.

    Suey, Yeah, the re-read is a hard commitment. You just keep tempting me and maybe one day I'll join Twitter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried reading this after the movie came out (major disappointment) and I remember liking it but for some reason I didn't finish reading it. I'll give it another go one NaNo is over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This series is amazing (totally can't for Inheritance!) but the sad thing is because I read it AGES ago I can't really remember anything :S
    Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lan, The movie is AWFUL!

    iLuvReadingTooMuch, I know, I wanted to remember all the little details, that's why I'm re-reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got this one about a week and a half ago but haven't had a chance to start it (my review pile is dangerously high :( ) but I'm really looking forward to it! I'm hoping they'll release a boxset soon of all of them that I can get rather than buying them piecemeal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sarah, It's really good. You should get to it. ;)

    They have the first three in box set. I love this series, I can't wait for the final book!

    ReplyDelete