Friday, February 14, 2014

Hunky Valentines!


So this Tuesday The Broke and the Bookish's Top Ten Tuesday post was all about Swoony Books. I didn't write a post of my own but I found it highly amusing that most people started out talking about swoony books but mostly talked about swoony male lead characters. Aw well, I guess us girls just can't help having book crushes. So in honor of Valentines Day I give you my list of the top ten hunky book characters to swoon over.

                                                      
                                                     1 Odd Thomas
I highly doubt anyone is surprised to see Odd on my list. Odd it the biggest sweetheart with...well...a heart of gold. I haven't seen the movie yet but I have to say I wasn't at all happy with the casting for Odd. What do you guys think?





2 Matthew Swift
Once again I doubt you're surprised but I can't help it! Matthew is so...I can't even begin to describe him. He's funny, sarcastic and seriously bad ass! Yes please!




3 Cassel (Curse Workers series)  
He's tortured yet mischievous and smart as hell. Plus he's just real and flawed and sigh worthy!





 4 Captain Wentworth (Persuasion)
He's just so stoic. You know, the strong silent type. And that letter he writes Ann...Oh my gosh! Swoon!



5 Cameron Wolfe 
OK, this isn't a picture of Cameron but Markus, his creator, is hot so let's just drool at him shall we? All I can say about Cameron is I love his soul!



6 Ben (Mercy Thompson series)
OK, someone else out there thought this handsome actor would fit Ben and I couldn't agree more. He's one of those characters you love so much you can't figure out why the hell the MC chooses some other dumb guy. **cough cough** Adam **cough cough**



7 Stronghand (Crown of Stars series) 
There are no words. Stronghand is just so dang awesome. Why? Because he's the first of his kind to start reasoning and thinking and actually feeling! I adore him.







8 Astley (Need series)
A man who doesn't try to control the girl? A man who supports and trusts and fights right along side the girl? Yes please! And Alex just seems to fit Astley in my mind.







9 Cricket 
I immediately liked Cricket just from the cover of this book but from his first scene in the book I fell in love with him! He's just such sweetheart...Hmmm. I'm starting to think I have a thing for sweethearts with just a hint of darkness in them.








10 Drizzt 
What's not to love? He's unique, kicks ass and well...he runs around with a big black panther. 'Nuf said.




Honestly I could go on and and on. There are so many swoon worthy guys out there in literature. Agreed? Happy Valentines day!








6 comments:

  1. Gah, I've only know two of these! Guess I've got some reading to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list, I only read about one of them. So thanks for this and happy valentines day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha yes I found it very funny that everyone just started to do swoon worthy boys :) Really liked your depictions of what these book heroes would look like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you put Markus Zusak in this. And, just so you know, Cam Gigandet, the guy in the picture for #6 was in Twilight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captain Wentworth!!!!!! YESSSSSSSS. I couldn't agree more there. *passes out*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed! And no that is not how I picture Odd and yes perfect to MZ in for Cameron. I'm pretty sure he based much of that character on himself anyway. :) Awesome choices!

    ReplyDelete