Friday, February 27, 2015

In My Thoughts This Fine Day #9


Yes, I finally started watching Game of Thrones. I'm only on the first season and totally hooked so no spoilers. So far I'm mostly interested in Daenerys. I think it's because I know she's getting a dragon and this excites me. Plus I just like watching her come out of her shell. I also like Tyrion. Yes, he's a Lannister but I like him. Hate his sister, though. Anywho, it's all very intriguing. Any one else out there watch the series? Should I read the series like ASAP or just keep watching the show?


I feel like a lot of books I've been reading lately all start off pretty good and then somewhere in the middle they lose steam, or maybe I do. All I know is I've started several books and been really into them and then suddenly I just don't want to finish them. Anyone else notice this?I can't decide if it's me or if authors start writing a book that's pretty dang good but not quite fleshed out so by the middle they start scrambling for a finish???I don't know.




Does this movie look familiar? The Money Pit. It's hilarious...when it's a movie. See, my hot husband and I have bought a house and are remodeling.(that's why I'm not around as much as I'd like to be) No, it's not as dramatic as the movie but sometimes, I tell you, I find myself just laughing hysterically at the things that go wrong. I can't wait to be done!

20 comments:

  1. LOL -- I love The Money Pit. It's hilarious. Probably funnier if you're not actually living it, though! Good luck with the remodel. I'm sure all the stress will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. At least I can laugh at the craziness.

      Delete
  2. I tried to watch The Money Pit and it was too stressful! :) Good luck with your remodel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, by the end of the movie it's pretty bad.

      Delete
  3. I watched the first episode of Game of Thrones and decided it was too much... everything... for me to handle. I have read the first book, and it was crazy good, but also crazy too much... everything.. such that I decided I couldn't handle the rest of them! We saw the Lannister twins at comic con this past time and I felt like I had to cover Tori's ears just with discussion they were having with the audience! (We only sat through their panel just to be there for the one after them!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! I am hugely addicted to the GoT books, but I can't stomach the TV show. I tend to be more sensitive to visual stimulus than books, and this particular TV show is way too much for me. There's a difference between reading about a battle and actually seeing the blood splatter on the snow, you know what I mean? Anyway, it is a really great story so far, and I'm excited for you to be entering this crazy GoT world. Looking forward to reading updates on what you think. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read the books now, I'm looking the show so much.

      Delete
  5. Sad to say that I haven't watched or read Game of Thrones and doubt I ever will. Not entirely sure why as you'd think it would be right up my alley, but it just doesn't appeal to me at all.

    Good luck with your remodel! It's a pain to live through, but so worth it once everything is done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love GOT but didn't watch it past the first season for many years due to something which I won't spoil for you! I'm just glad that a fantasy series is doing well.

    I feel like I'm going to be one of these authors you write about! I can start a novel just fine but by the end I'm all confused and so I just start writing all kinds of random stuff for no reason!

    Good luck with all the renovations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt you'll be one of those authors. Don't worry. Kn I finished GOT season 1. What stopped you from watching it? Was it something that was just too different from the books?

      Delete
  7. I wanted to read The Game of Thrones, but Suey told me what was in it and I've decided I can't do it. Just like I couldn't do The Tudors. I'm very squeamish when it comes to nudity. Violence and some language I can handle. I'm glad you're liking it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's incredibly graphic that's for sure. I guess I'm just completely desensitized because it just doesn't bother me. Sigh!

      Delete
  8. I am way too squeamish to watch Game of Thrones. Blood and gore really creep me out. I can read about it, I just can't watch it! :P Glad you're enjoying it though. And I get what you mean about books. I keep starting books and then moving on to other ones and I don't know why! Good luck with the remodelling too, hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, here's hoping for books that enthrall us enough to keep reading.

      Delete
  9. +JMJ+

    I remember The Money Pit! My family and I are moving into a place that won't require much remodeling, but of course I'm going to find something for myself to do anyway! ;-) Since my bedroom will be very small, I want to build a loft bed. Unfortunately, wood isn't really my medium, if you take my meaning, and I'll have to ask a professional carpenter for help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I understand. Power tools and I really don't get along.

      Delete
  10. LOL. I LOVE The Money Pit. I lived in one of those houses, too. :)

    ReplyDelete