By Emily Giffin
Genre Adult Chick Lit
Tessa and Valerie live very different lives. Tessa is a stay at home mom married to a handsome surgeon. Her day's are filled with bustling kids off to school, cleaning the house and keeping up with the other mom's in the neighborhood. Valerie is a single mother who's worked for everything she's got. Raising her son and trying not to be so closed off to the world are her biggest priorities. When a horrible accident brings these two woman together, their lives will never be the same.
When ever I hear of someone else's tragedy, I do not dwell on the accident or diagnosis, or even the initial shock waves or aftermath of grief.
- With all the stress and craziness going on in my life right now, I needed another of Giffin's addicting, distracting stories. Giffin delivered again. She has a way of writing that just sucks you right in.
- As unputdownable as this book was it had a much heavier subject matter that was just downright painful to read.
- It brings up a really great question, though, amidst all it's heaviness and while I was not as in love with this one, I will say it worked as a great distraction at the end of the day.
- The more of Giffin's books I read, the more I hesitate to label her books as Chick Lit. They all have some serious subject matter. This one in particular, as I mentioned.
- So...yeah, it was a great distraction and great to have a book I couldn't wait to get back to but it was a hard, hard book to read.
Should you read it?
I'd definitely recommend Giffin's books but maybe don't start with this on