Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Review: Emmy & Oliver

Title Emmy & Oliver
By Robin Benway
Genre YA Contemporary
Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Synopsis
Emmy and Oliver were best friends until Oliver's dad kidnapped him. Ten years later Oliver is back. Can Emmy and Oliver be friends again or will it be something more?


First Sentence
Oliver disappeared from school on a Friday afternoon, way back when we were in second grade, and small things seemed really important and important things seemed too small.




I feel like this book has been on my TBR shelf forever. As it was only released in 2015, it hasn't been nearly as long as it feels but still. I was needing a light romantic read and had heard good things so I picked this one up.

It fit the bill perfectly. With romance and just a touch of issues and hurdles to get through it was just what I was looking for.

My only real problem with the book was that I felt like I'd read it before. There was nothing new, special or unique in this one but since that wasn't what I was going for I didn't mind.

So, if you're looking for a romantic, fun read give this one a go. Just don't expect any thing super deep.

Should you read it
I'd recommend this one as exactly what it is. Fluff with a dash of drama to keep things interesting.

8 comments:

  1. I like super deep, but NOT in every book that I read. Sometimes fun and fluffy is exactly what I need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it as much as you did! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I need a good fluff book. I needed one this week, and I picked Edenbrooke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when a book turns out to be exactly what I was in the mood for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes a nice bit of fluff is exactly what we need! Especially during the summer months, as I like easy, fun reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even though it wasn't anything new I'm glad you liked it anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this one on my audiobook TBR piles, and I will get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete