Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Review: By Your Side

Title By Your Side
By Kasie West
Genre YA Contemporary
Format Print
Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Synopsis
When Autumn finds herself accidentally locked in the library over a holiday weekend her anxiety threatens to overwhelm her. So when she discovers Dax Miller, the school's bad boy, is locked in with her she's half panicked half relieved. As they get to know each other they'll find something in each other worth examining.

First Sentence
I was locked in the library trying not to panic.




My last attempt at one of Kasie West's romantic contemporaries didn't go so well. I liked it but didn't find it original or engaging enough. So it was with some hesitancy that I picked this one up. I did think it would be a good choice, though, since most of it takes place in a library. Can't go wrong there, right?

And I was right. I really like this one. I inhaled it in two days. Dax was adorable and sweet and is now sitting on the shelf with all my other book boyfriends.

I loved that while it was light and cute, it did discuss anxiety in a real light. I have anxiety and while it doesn't manifest like Autumn's did I could relate. Always a good thing.

I found the ending slightly too sweet and unbelievable but since I wanted a light romance it fit the bill perfectly. Now I'm not so hesitant to try her others.

14 comments:

  1. Love that they're locked in a library! That alone makes me want to read this one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Kasoe West so much. Can't wait to read this one. ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous you have so much reading time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s really nice. I should use that time better.

      Delete
  4. Kasie West's books are always fun, even if they're all kind of the same. This one has a fun premise. Glad you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun premise but they are all kinda the same.

      Delete
  5. First of all, I am so happy to see a pretty high star rating, and second of all, I love Kasie West and always want everyone to enjoy her books as much as I do. Dax was complicated and wonderful -- I loved him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was wonderful if a bit unbelievable. I really loved this one.

      Delete
  6. Sounds good; plus the library setting is irresistible.

    ReplyDelete