Friday, August 10, 2012

Did You Know?


What with the new job and very little time to blog let alone read, I won't be doing a whole lot of posts this month in celebration of Utah Book Month. I'm not doing any mini challenges, I don't have time to read more than a few books but I'm trying, people, I really am. Anywho, I did want to do this post, though.  I thought I'd share some books you might now know were written by Utah authors. A sort of, did you know thing. ;)


The Goose Girl (The Books of Bayern, #1) Fablehaven (Fablehaven, #1) Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1)

Matched (Matched, #1)
The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1) The Chosen One The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1) The Hourglass Door (Hourglass Door, #1)

The Way of Kings (The Stormlight Archive, #1) Everneath (Everneath, #1)
The Forbidden Sea The Princess and the Hound (Princess, #1)

Once Was Lost Possession (Possession, #1) Glimpse Back When You Were Easier to Love

My Ridiculous, Romantic Obsessions Wolves, Boys and Other Things That Might Kill Me Water Keep (Farworld, #1) The Loser's Guide to Life and Love: A Novel

Everything Is Fine. Variant (Variant, #1) Partials (Partials, #1) Entwined


Return to Exile (The Hunter Chronicles #1) The Sum of All Men (Runelords #1) Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) Ender's Game (Ender's Saga, #1)
























And that's just the tip of the iceberg! You can check out a much more extensive list here. And technically Dan Wells, Orson Scott Card, and Kiersten White don't live in Utah any more but I still claim them. ;) Did you know these books were written by Utah authors? Pretty cool, huh? I feel very honored to live in the same state as so many awesome people.

34 comments:

  1. I've read at least half of those books. That is a lot of cool people living in one state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go ahead and keep claiming them. KW rocks! And I did know quite a few of these... which weirds me out. Clearly, I am a stalker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Don't feel too bad. I stalk my soccer players...on line anyway.

      Delete
  3. Wow, there really are a lot of them, aren't there? I've heard of most of these, but not all. Will have to check the others out. Go Utah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are tons. This isn't even half of them...it's not even a quarter of them. Crazy!

      Delete
  4. I'm so proud of you for including Brandon Sanderson on your list. ;)

    The one I've been wondering about is Janette Rallison. Do you know if she's a Utah author?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yeah, just because I don't like him doesn't mean he's not a Utah author. I'm not sure about Janette either. I was wondering too.

      Delete
    2. Janette Rallison lives in Arizona.

      Delete
    3. Good to know. I didn't think she was from here, but I couldn't remember.

      Delete
  5. So, I didn't know 11 of those were from UT. That's nearly half. Lots of pretty covers, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the covers are great and I can't believe we have so many authors.

      Delete
  6. Wow! So many great authors live in Utah and I really didn't know. I have some of these books already, or plan on reading them. They got something in the water over there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there really must be something in the water....I wish it would start effecting me. ;)

      Delete
  7. Utah power! I had no idea so many professional writers lived in Utah. I got to see Brandon Sanderson speak at BYU for their annual Sci-fi conference -- have you been to that? I think it's called LTUE -- Life, The Universe, and Everything After -- or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I went to LTUE this year for the first time. It was fun and I got to see so many of these wonderful authors.

      Delete
  8. Very cool! Utah has some MAJOR TALENT!!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it cool to come across a book by an author who lives in the same city as you? I've still got to read Partials! Hope the job is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you have to read Partials. It's light on the romance and lots of fun!

      Delete
  10. Fun. Some I knew where Utah authors, thanks to Suey, but several I did not know.

    I hope you have a great August, new job and all. Once you find your groove, i am sure your reading and blogging will fall suitably in line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, slowly but surely I'm getting back into the groove. ;) Suey is pretty awesome, huh? She got me going to all these author events and meeting all of them.

      Delete
  11. Wow! Fun to see them all displayed like this! It looks just like my own personal library! I think I have them all, and signed. :) Even Ender's Game! Lucky indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, really? I don't have all of them...I don't think anyway. ;)

      Delete
  12. I love when I read books from Wisconsin authors or that are set in Wisconsin. It a hometown/state pride thing. That's is awesome there are so many great Utah authors out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's great to have some pride in your state.

      Delete
  13. I had no idea that there were so many Utah authors! Though if I'm honest I don't really pay attention to where any authors are from. I can't name a single author from my homes state (WI) or where I currently live (VA) off the top of my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only know all these because the authors here are so awesome! They're always coming to events and doing signings. It's great!

      Delete
  14. Ender's Game! I want to read that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reading it now...it's not exactly what I thought it would be. Ah well.

      Delete
  15. Great spotlight, Jenny! There were even a couple I didn't know about.

    (And I tried to post from my phone on Friday, but it kept posting under a different Gmail account. So sorry if that looked like spam.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those comments showed up as deleted. Weird.

      Delete
  16. I didn't know about these! Love a lot of the books featured here though, especially The Maze Runner and Paranormalcy, and I still have Everneath and Partials on my TBR. Really excited to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend you read Partials right away!

      Delete