Thursday, April 17, 2014

Review: Body and Soul The Ghost and the Goth 3

Title Body and Soul (The Ghost and the Goth 3)
By Stacey Kade
Genre  YA Paranormal/Supernatural
Pages 316
Recommended by Me

First Sentence Malachi the Magnificent , Consultant to the Stars, had a storefront in a dingy, rundown strip mall between a sketchy looking Laundromat and a closed-up nail salon with a big, bright orange health department sticker plastered on its door.

Synopsis
The conclusion to the Ghost and The Goth series find Alona still trapped in Lily's body searching for a way out and Will determined to help. When the two run into a controlling ghost determined to take over Lily's body as well, Alona isn't so sure she wants to give up the body after all.

What it has going for it
This series has the silliest covers and almost sillier story lines but please, I beg of you, don't dismiss them. I love this series and this book was a lovely conclusion. I love watching Alona become softer and more selfless throughout the series and watching Will become more in control of his life and ability. Any book or series where the characters don't just overcome some obstacle but actually mature and grow is a book/series I'm probably going to love. And it doesn't hurt that I just adore Will and love the stories that unfold in each book. I loved how the books all intertwined as well. Sigh. I just love this series and am so sad to see it end.

What's lacking
I know, I know. You probably think I'm going to say nothing but the truth is. There was one little thing that left me scratching my head in irritation. There were some answers that we never got. Is the series really over? Sigh. I wanted more answers about Will's father. Oh well.

Favorite moment
How Will tests Lily to see who's in her body.

Yea or Nay?
Yes. Just yes!

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I love your plea to people to read these books. I'll have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good! I've been very curious about this series since I read a review of the first book a few weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have the first one sitting here waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty nice blog, following :)

    ReplyDelete