Monday, May 4, 2015

Bookstore Tour



I don't usually post this sort of thing but I just couldn't resist. See, there's this used bookstore in the city next door that I've fallen in love with. It's called Pioneer Books. Now, as much as I love a used book store with stacks of books everywhere, unless you have oodles of hours to just sit and sift through them all, they aren't very user friendly. Pioneer Books is very, very organized. Their YA section isn't completely depleted and picked through, though some days are better than others. And they don't have just piles of old John Grisham's lying around, if you know what I mean. There fiction section is big and very well stocked. Anywho, the other day I was there and just couldn't resist taking a few pictures to show you.

The bookstore is so freaking cute! It's located on an old street with wall to wall shops and has two floors. I'll focus on the top floor because that's were the fiction books are. Are you ready to start the tour?

The View from the upper floor to the cute street below.

See how organized? Yes that's my husband enjoying the view while I peruse the isles. 

More organized glory! 

A comfy couch because every good book store should have one.

Another nook to read in peace and quiet.

And my favorite! The front of the store. Is that paint job not all sorts of Awesome?!

Just wanted to share the awesomeness that is this book store. If you're ever in my neck of the woods we should go together. And to all my Utah bloggers who haven't checked this store out...What are you waiting for?!

19 comments:

  1. +JMJ+

    Since "piles of old John Grishams lying around" perfectly encapsulates the spirit of all used bookstores in my area, I must agree that Pioneer Book sounds like gold! And a bookstore with mostly natural lighting: when was the last time I was in one of those? Malls are taking over my city and absorbing the bookstores into them. =(

    Thanks a lot for the tour, Jenny! I hope I didn't drool too much on your blog. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not many used bookstores around here either. I'm lucky to have this one and I hope it stays for a long time.

      Delete
  2. That's so cool. Is that on Center Street in Provo? It looks like it with the outside view to the street, but I don't recognize that store at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's on center street and it's awesome!

      Delete
  3. Next time I'm in Provo, I'm definitely going to check this place out. I LOVE how clean and organized it is. Wow. I don't think I've ever seen a used bookstore so immaculately put together. Awesome.

    BTW: Thanks for your comment on my FRAGMENTS review. Because I'm a huge airhead, I accidentally deleted it. SORRY. I appreciated it, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok. Isn't it beautiful. I love how organized it is. I do my best to support them so they never go out of business.

      Delete
  4. Sheesh. WHY? We should all go together some time! Is this the same store that used to be in Orem? Did they just change locations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? We need to go check it out! I think it may be the one that used to be in orem but a whole lot more organized and clean and just awesome!

      Delete
  5. This is AMAZING. I love the outside of the store and I can't believe how pretty and well organized it is inside. I wish I had something like that near me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is like paradise! Used bookstores are pretty pathetic here, they just don't function like they do in the US and I am always so very jealous! I mean, there's always Better World Books, but it's just not the same.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a cute bookstore and I LOVE the outside! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bookstore looks so cute! I live in SLC, but next time I'm in the area I'll definitely have to make time to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That paint job!! I love it! This bookstore looks awesome. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete