Monday, September 25, 2017

Review: Furiously Happy

Title Furiously Happy
By Jenny Lawson
Genre Non Fiction memoir
Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Synopsis
Jenny explores her battle with mental illness, depression and a myriad of other issues that should make her anything but furiously happy.


First Sentence
"You're not crazy. STOP CALLING YOURSELF CRAZY," my mom says for the eleventy billionth time.




Whether my book club has decided to read this one or not I definitely would have picked it up. I've heard too many people rave about this one and how can you turn down a book that's described as a funny book about horrible things? You can't. And I didn't.

And it's exactly that. A book that had me laughing so hard tears were streaming down my face and sad at all the author had to deal with.

I feel like I can't even begin to compare my self to the author...and I don't...but I think we all have times when we're depressed, some more than others, and it does make you feel better knowing you're not alone.

I adored this one because it made me laugh and made me felt understood. I loved that the author was so honest with us about her problems. But mostly I loved how the author made me see how we all take things way too seriously. It's OK to have fun and look at life in a more cheery manner.

Should you read it?
YES!

12 comments:

  1. I haven't read it yet, but I will soon! Maybe not by Thursday, but soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started it yet. I'm still trying to finish Dune. It hasn't been a good reading month/year. But, I want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it and find it interesting

      Delete
  3. I've heard lots of good things about this one. If you loved it, too, I've definitely got to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you'd read it already.

      Delete
    2. Nope, not yet. It's on my TBR list, but so are about 10 million other books :)

      Delete
  4. I've seen this book so many times, but I never knew what it was about. It sounds like a really great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding this to my to-read list.

    ReplyDelete