Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Salon



And now a bunch of useless information you never wanted to know about me. ;-)

Outside my window: Seriously, I'm ready for fall. I think I mentioned that. 


I am listening to: You and Me by Vega4 but it has a naughty word so you don't get to listen. 

I am watching:  A small, very small group of my book club got together and watched Middlemarch for our summer project. We read the book then watched the movie. I'd already seen it and had the exact same opinion this time around...meh.
  
I am thinking: I'm tired of selfish people, sorry, I know, I'm selfish too but come on! 

I am grateful for: La Liga is finally starting today!!!! YAY! 

I am reading: The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore...I'm not enjoying it as much as I Am Number Four but I think it's just a mood thing.  

I am photographing: Nothing this week.  
I am listing: All the series of books I'm behind on. The ones I haven't even started yet, and the ones I need to finish or catch up on. Sigh, it's sad....really sad.

I am creating: Yep, sorry this question is going bye bye.

Around the house: Ack! I was drifting off to sleep the other night and felt something scuttling up my arm. I knocked it off turned on the light and what was it? A HUGE brown hairy spider. Yeah, I didn't sleep the rest of the night. Stupid spiders! Hmm, has anyone else noticed I'm constantly having issues with bugs at my place?

From the kitchen: I'm going try making whole wheat peanut butter cookies and whole wheat pizza dough this week...maybe.

One of my favorite things: Dumping Junior Mints in popcorn. Alas, I'm not allowed Junior Mints anymore.

The children this week: No kids, just my cat Buns and I have another funny story. She was sleeping behind me on my couch's back cushion and suddenly jumped out of  a dead sleep, slammed into my head and barely caught herself from falling. She makes me laugh, she's the only cat I've ever had that meows in her sleeps when she's dreaming.
No, I'm not usually THAT mean but one Halloween I couldn't resist.


Plans for the week: Not much, well I'm going to try those new recipes.


Thanks to Ibeeeg of Polishing Mud Balls for the inspiration for this post's layout.

6 comments:

  1. Cats are always entertaining. Mine are always doing something weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you live that you would have a big, hairy brown spider walking around? The tropics? Or is "big" a relative term? I'd probably stay awake, too.

    -Anne
    My Head is Full of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Samantha, Yes, they're always good for a laugh.

    Anne, LOL, I'm being over dramatic but it was at least the size of quarter it was a common funnel spider, they're everywhere around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate spiders. Period. But I especially hate finding them in my bedroom, and my freakouts grow exponentially more dramatic the closer the spider is to the bed. LOL

    Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. BJ, I know, they're awful! I've never had one of those kind end up in bed with me. Freaked the heck out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, it was just a spider! I thought you were going to say mouse or rat and I almost freaked out. I love this little feature. So much fun to get to know the bloggers behind the posts. Almost as entertaining as the hot cartoons post :)

    ReplyDelete