The Broke and the Bookish and link up.
Top 5 Bookish Resolutions
1. I want to finish a bunch of series. Odd Thomas, The Lunar Chronicles, Vampire Academy...see the list goes on and on. I need to finish them!
2. Speaking of series...I want to START a bunch of series. Can you believe I haven't started Daughter of Smoke and Bone or The Grisha Series? Not to mention The Seven Realms and Starbound series. And that's just naming a few. I need to get going on some of these, right?
3. I want to read more adult books. I love YA but it's dominating my reads each year and I love adult books. With that in mind, I've already got an "adult books only" month planned. Remember last time? No? That's OK. There's not much to it. Just set aside a month where I read strictly read adult books. I'm planning on February if anyone wants to join me.
4. Read more! I used to read 75-125 books a year and in 2015 I barely manage 50. This is pathetic! I can read more than that! I set my Goodreads challenge at 65 for this year. Honestly, I hope to do better but I need to be honest with myself. It might not happen.
5. Plan each month ahead. I never plan on what I'm going to read each month but I think I'm going to try it this year. I think it will help motivate me to go into my personal library and pick out several books I want to read that month and then get excited about them! However, if it becomes a chore and makes reading work I'll abandon this goal with out a hint of guilt. I don't want reading to become a bother.
Top 5 Personal Goals
(I don't usually set New Year's Resolutions but I do ponder my life and habits at the end of each year and think about what I need to give up and what I need to gain)
1. I have officially named 2016 The Year of NO! What do I mean? I'm a horrible, pathetic people pleaser. I seriously can not say no! And if I do manage to squeak out a refusal to an outing or favor asked of me, I have this all consuming guilt that leads to anger and hate towards the invitee or favor asker. It's ridiculous! This has got to stop. So this year I plan on saying NO. If I say no to you, please don't get upset. Understand that I deal with anxiety and stress and depression and sometimes I just can't go out or do that favor. Sometimes I just need to say NO.
2 Cliche! I need to exercise again. I used to go running and haven't been for ages. I need to drop a few pounds before my poor joints can handle running again but I could at least go walking!
3. The whole house remodeling thing has sort of fallen to the wayside. Mostly it's just outside stuff now but there are some little things left inside that need done and my Library/Sitting room needs to get finished! I'm totally going to focus on it this year. I can't wait!
4. Go on Vacation. I know this sounds silly and vain but I NEED vacations. I need something to look forward to and I need that stress release a vacations offers. Now if I can just get my husband on board.
5. Blog more. My blogging is so sporadic. It's hard to work up the energy sometimes but I really miss it...even if it's not like it used to be. I still want to have somewhere to talk about books and movies and life!
There you have it! Think I'll manage any of these? I hope so.