Thursday, November 17, 2016

Mini Movie Reviews #10

The Accountant 
For some reason I was expecting a movie based on a true story or maybe just something a little more boring. I ended up being pleasantly surprised. This one was a lot of fun and I ended up really liking it. I know people have a love/hate relationship with Ben Affleck but I like him just fine and really enjoyed him in this role. I've always been a fan of dark comedies and by that I mean violent but funny. I know, it's weird. Just smile and nod.











Ouija Origin of Evil
As I may have mentioned before, my husband and I have completely different preferences when it comes to movie genres. But one type of movie we can always agree on is horror. So we see a lot of them. Most horror movies are horrible. With no real purpose but to scare you, they sort of forget they need a story line. This one fell into that rut. Totally lame. It was scary for about two minutes and then got lame and went down hill from there. Wouldn't recommend it.









  Arrival
I was really looking forward to this one. My husband hates movies like this but is a great sport about going....as long as he gets popcorn. This one was amazing, guys. I loved it. It's not about scary aliens attacking and men in the world pulling up their pants, spitting then pulling out guns to show how awesome they are. It was much more calm, scientific and beautiful. I saw the big surprise coming from a mile away but I still loved it. You should totally go see this one. Just don't expect action and crap. This is NOT Independence Day. It's better than that.

13 comments:

  1. I think I would really like The Accountant! And I've been wanting to see Arrival so badly. I hear that one has a lot of Oscar buzz surrounding it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like The Accountant! I thought it was awesome too. I really loved it. And, Corey really wants to see The Arrival. We almost went for his birthday last night, but we decided to see Dr. Strange instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to see Dr Strange for some reason. You should go see Arrival.

      Delete
  3. I haven't even heard of these... dang I'm so out of the loop these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What?! Not even Arrival? You have to see that one.

      Delete
  4. I love the Accountant! This film connected with me on so many levels. It delivered in ways I was not expecting. I was laughing, cheering, crying, and ultimately walked out of that theater feeling more than satisfied..


    ~Dana@College Reine Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited for Arrival. It reminds me of that '90s movie Contact, which I love, but I hear it's better, even.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to see The Accountant, but I was on the fence about The Arrival... now I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to see Arrival and The Accountant! They both look so cool and different (especially with their cast lists)! I'm glad to hear that you thought Arrival was more intelligent and thought out than most alien movies nowadays. I have to say, they have been getting boring lately so I'm glad this one is different.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard great things about Arrival. The husband and I need to go see it soon! Glad you loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to see both The Accountant and The Arrival. I think I will have to wait until they come out on video though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to see Arrival!! Bummer about Ouija. :(

    ReplyDelete