Monday, January 23, 2017

Review: Ketchup Clouds

Title Ketchup Clouds
By Annabel Pitcher
Genre YA Contemporary
Rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Synopsis
"Zoe" as she calls herself in her letters to a death row inmate, has a secret. A secret that's tearing her apart. A secret that she feels like she can only confess to a death row inmate. After all, they have something in common; they've both killed someone.

First Sentence
Dear Mr. S. Harris, Ignore the blob of red in the top left corner.






Finally! A five star read! My first two books this year were a let down so I was glad I found this one. I wasn't more than a few pages in when I knew I'd found a good one. Don't you love that? Knowing, you've found a treasure just a few pages in?

Written in epistolary form this book tells the story of "Zoe" as she calls herself and the secret she's harboring.

There's something so perfect about a book that's both laugh out loud funny and heart rending-ly sad at once. Ketchup Clouds is such a book.

This may sound weird but "Zoe" was from England and her life, her family, and her shenanigans reminded me of Georgia Nicolson if Georgia Nicolson had some more serious things to deal with.

What more can I say? This is one of those books you wish everyone would read no matter their preferred genre. It was beautiful!

 I wish I could write a review that would make you drop everything you're reading right now and find this book. But, alas, I'm not that talented. Just take my word for it. Drop everything you're reading and grab this book! Or at least add it to your TBR list and get to it soon. Very soon!

Should you read it
If you love laugh out loud humor, swoony romance and struggling, relatable characters trying to make it through this crazy ride we call life, you have to read this one.


18 comments:

  1. Should we add this to the book club potential list? I think so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't argue with a five star read! Sign me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for five stars!!! I've never heard of Ketchup Clouds. I will definitely seek this one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of those lesser known but wonderful books I guess

      Delete
  4. Sounds like I'll have to look into reading this one. Thanks, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this sounds intriguing. I've never heard of it, but now I definitely need to read it. I'm between books right now, too, so ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it sounds interesting. I'm not a huge fan of epistolary stories, though, because I can never tell the people apart. Can you in this one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh alright you've convinced me! Shall add to the TBR and read soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its whole premise is very romance driven but I think you'll like it...but it's sad.

      Delete
  8. I was really surprised by this one as well. It was fun but so sad. This would be fun to discuss in book club. I'm glad you finally found a winner, and yes, it is SO great to find a book that hooks you right from the beginning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been meaning to read this book for years, I always hear great things about it. Really glad you enjoyed it, I think I'll have to finally pick it up this year and see what I think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Swoony romance? Okay, you've certainly intrigued me! :)

    ReplyDelete