Sunday, October 9, 2011

Sunday Salon


And now a bunch of useless information you never wanted to know about me. ;-)

Outside my window: Yep, I'm whining about the cold. :(

I am listening to: Old classical favorites. 

   
I am watching:  So many TV series, I won't list them.

I am thinking: How hard it is trying to not become too attached to "things" I have so much crap I should get rid of but I can't. :(

I am grateful for: The cold weather that's killing all those spiders. Come on, I have to be grateful for something about the freezing cold.

I am reading: Under the Dome and Crossed...I was hoping Crossed would be distracting enough to keep me from reading ahead in Under the Dome, which is sooooo good, but it's not working.

I am photographing: Nothing this week...boring!

I am listing: Again...nothing.   

Around the house: I weather stripped my front door!!! Yay!!! OK, maybe it's not exciting to you but it's keeping the cold and spiders out...mostly. I also bought fleece sheets...BEST. PURCHASE. EVER!!!   

From the kitchen: Sometimes I really hate trying to find things to eat. I wish I had a personal chef...don't we all? 

One of my favorite things: Hot chocolate and hot baths. 

The children this week: No kids just my cat Buns and I think her bristly fur means she's cold too.

Plans for the week: Book club is this week!


Thanks to Ibeeeg of Polishing Mud Balls for the inspiration for this post's layout.

10 comments:

  1. It's still to warm where I'm at. Wishing for some cooler weather. I guess you got it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is probably the only good thing about winter: spider freezing. That and fuzzy and warm blankets (and apparently sheets!) and hot chocolate. :P Oh, and I know what you mean about being attached to things. I struggle with this constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, If you keep bragging about the warm weather I might just show up at your door. ;)

    Jessica, Yes, if you can just snuggle up with a warm blanket and a hot chocolate winter wouldn't be so bad, but alas, sometimes we have to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still warm here, too. I long for cold weather. Apparently, our A/C is low on freon. It runs and runs and just makes the house feel hotter.

    I have the solution to that attachment to things: run out of space. Haha. Well, it's working for us, anyway. I've been clutter-removing like crazy. Things I've held onto for years are going into donation bags. I never thought I'd reach this point, honestly. I've always been so clingy with my stuff. Amazing how freeing it is to get rid of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bookfool, Argh, I would have lost it if my AC hadn't worked this year. I used to not be so clingy, I don't know what happened. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew you'd complain about the cold weather once it got there!!! Spring has not decided to grace Melbourne with it's presence as yet so it's miserable here too. I'm about to start watching Ringer so will see how that goes. Too much good TV this time of year.

    I'm having a giveaway of the book Telesa by Lani Wendt Young on my blog. Check it out at The Write Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought my first hot cocoa of the season this weekend! I think it's supposed to warm up, but it's never too early for cocoa. :)
    Sorry Crossed isn't doing it for you. I didn't love that one like I did Matched.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lan, You know me too well. ;) I watched the first episode of Ringer and I liked it but it conflicts with other shows so I haven't watched anymore.

    Kathy, I know, I love hot cocoa and it's great all the time but best when it's cold. Yeah, Crossed just can't compete with Under the Dome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. +JMJ+

    Is it so cold that you skipped straight over Vivaldi's Autumn and striaght to Winter?

    (Asks the woman in the tropical country.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enbrethiliel, Hee hee, you're the only one who caught my little joke. ;)

    ReplyDelete