By Paige Mckenzie and Alyssa B. Sheinmel
Genre YA Paranormal/Horror
Sunshine is trying to be supportive of her mom's new job that's pulling her away from sunny Austin, Texas to rainy Ridgemont Washington but the new house they move into is just plain creepy. And it's not just the sickeningly sweet pink of her new room. Sunshine's been hearing giggling and footsteps and someone or something keeps moving things in her room. With her mother becoming strangely distant and the creepy giggling becoming screams of terror, Sunshine will turn to her new friend Nolan for help. Together they'll embark on a journey to figure out what's going on and how to stop it before it's too late.
"Mom, the house is creepy."
- I can't remember if I bought this book on a whim because of the fun cover or if I got this is a stack of books I won from Alexia's Books and Such but either way this is the book I randomly picked up off my shelf during cleaning and began to read.
- And I couldn't put it down. It wasn't well written and there was a lot of cheesiness and eye rolling moments but for some reason it just sucked me in.
- If you look closely at the cover you'll see the small YouTube logo. This book is based of the YouTube series of the same name. I was so into this book that I watched the first "season" on YouTube as well. The YouTube series was a bit of a joke. It's so obviously fake and mostly just some teenage girl trying to get her 15 minutes of fame but it too was strangely addicting. Not so much that I intend to watch anymore but, yeah,
- Anyway, back to the book. It was a strong start to a interesting premise that has me itching for book two. I think its suspenseful, easy to read, don't have to think too hard, story was just what I needed at this stressful time in my life.
- Right book at the right moment.
Should you read it?
Highly recommended to YA suspense lovers.