By Jeri Smith-Ready
Genre YA supernatural/paranormal
Aura and Zachary try to figure out how to end the Shift once and for all while trying to stay out of the clutches of the evil DMP.
My phone glowed bright in the dusk-drenched cemetery.
- First off can I just say how much I hate when publishers change the covers of books mid series! I loathe these new covers. Sorry, cover model, but Aura doesn't look a thing like you and you're ruining it for everyone.
- I read the first two books in this series a long, long time ago. OK, not that long ago but long enough. I could hardly remember a thing. That being said, the author does a good job of refreshing your memory. So in the end I remembered what was necessary to enjoy the story.
- I adore how intricate the details of the world in The Shade series is. Everything is very well thought out and detailed and makes sense. Unlike some other books. *cough cough* Wither *cough cough*
- Sadly, I waited too long to finish this series. I wasn't as enthralled with it. Maybe age and circumstances effected me, or maybe it was just my mood but this series lost a bit of its allure for me.
- Still, I flew through it pretty fast wanting to know what was going to happen and how it was all going to end and I have to say, it was a pretty satisfying ending.
- This series has great characters a wonderful plot and a hot Scottish guy. What more could you want?
Should You Read It?
Um, yes! Duh! But I do have to warn you that this book particularly read more like a NA than a YA. Be warned.