Monday, February 27, 2017

Review: All the Birds in the Sky

Title All the Birds in the Sky
By Charlie Jane Anders
Genre Adult Magic Realism/Dystopian/Fantasy/Science Fiction
Rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Synopsis
Magic and science meet in this story of a boy and a girl and their strange lives.


First Sentence
When Patricia was six years old, she found a wounded bird.







Another book for The Tournament of Books. Another great book. While I felt a lot of this one sort of went over my head, I really liked it. I'm not crazy. I got the whole story line etc but the deeper meaning and subtle hints at something more flew right over my head, I'm sure.

Still, as far as stories go, I loved this one. I was fascinated with the story and the lives of these strange characters. The book felt like a mash up of Harry Potter and The Magicians with a dystopian/science fiction twist. It wasn't at all what I was expecting and I was pleasantly surprised.

Dang! Sadly, I find myself at a loss for words on this on. Just know that I really liked it and would highly recommend it.

Should you read it
I just said you should. ;)

13 comments:

  1. I wonder if I'd like this one. It sounds interesting. I'm glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. I think you'd like it. It's interesting and does have romance.

      Delete
  2. I didn't like this as much as I hoped to, but I did really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had no idea what to expect so I liked it.

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to read this for ages, so really glad to hear you liked it. I might bump it up my TBR list - thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made me go look this book up on Goodreads and a lot of people seemed to say the same thing: Weird, but good. I wasn't planning on reading this book, but I kind of want to now... as long as it's not over 400 pages long. (Is it?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo this sounds right up my alley! If you're at a loss for words, I don't think I'll be able to write a more eloquent review which is a good sign! So many of the best books paint a picture of what is impossible to articulate with words. I'll definitely be reading this sometime soon! Lovely review, Jenny!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely want to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well if you think I should, I probably should! Although, I don't read for deeper meaning either, so I'll just have to enjoy the story. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I missed out on reading this. I definitely need to pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Consider me intrigued... :)

    ReplyDelete