Friday, February 17, 2017

Review: Days of Blood & Starlight

Title Days of Blood & Starlight (DOS&B #2)
By Laini Taylor
Genre YA Fanstasy
Rating ⭐⭐⭐

Synopsis
Reeling from Akiva's betrayal, Karou goes to the only place she feels she can: The monsters. As their new Resurrection she throws herself into her work. But the war is just getting started and the truth that's becoming clearer may change everything.

First Sentence
Prague, early May.






I'm determined to finish this series. I'm enjoying the story mostly but the characters are still driving me nuts.

This one particularly gave me a run for my money with the characters. This book is dark. There's tons of despair and angst and outright anger lingering in the pages and the character's stupidity made me want to gouge my eyes out. I still can't stand Akiva and really wish Ziri was an option for Karou because he's a million times better but, no, she' still hung up predictably on Akiva.

If there was not instalove/we're meant to be together/fate/ bullshit, I think I could get behind these books better. As it is....the story is at least entertaining.

Should you read it
Hey, if you made it through the first one and have any desire to finish the series, sure, give it a go.

11 comments:

  1. I mainly enjoyed the story in this book too, but I get what you mean about the characters. There was definitely more angst in this one. I'm impressed by your determination to finish this series though, and I'm really looking forward to your thoughts on book three. I still haven't read it, but I might be convinced if you end up liking it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're reviews always crack me up. I love that you don't hold anything back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I sound like I hate these books. I don't. Just the characters.

      Delete
  3. I've been dying to hear what you think about this one. I love your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read them? I will have to go look. I don't hate the stories on these ones. Just the characters

      Delete
  4. Aw, sorry to hear you are struggling. I really loved this whole series. I thought it was well done. I'll be curious to hear what you think of the third one; I think it's a good ending, hope you agree!

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry the characters are so frustrating. I'm thinking this is probably not the series for me. But good luck finishing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never managed to get past the first one because I just knew the second would be so full of instalove angst. Good on your for keeping in despite it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I kind of fizzled after this one and didn't read book 3. I grabbed it on audio because I really like the narrator, so hopefully this year!

    ReplyDelete