Thursday, July 12, 2018

Because I Promised

I promised you before and after pictures of my backyard and if you follow me on Instagram you probably already saw these but, if not, here they are!


I actually grew up in this house and once upon a time it didn't look THAT bad but by the time my husband and I bought it, it had been neglected and looked pretty bad...as you can see.

This one's my favorite. It looks so completely different! See that resort look I was going for?

 This was a before the before picture. We used to have a deck but it was falling to pieces.

I'm so bummed that we didn't have a before shot from this angle because over where the fire pit and my husband's shop is was a huge pile of branches and logs and just a big ol' mess!

And one shot at night because the lights are my favorite part!

It was a lot of work and took way too long to finish but I'm so glad it's done now. I spend most of my afternoons out by my pool reading! I love how low maintenance the yard is because the pool, while fun, is NOT low maintenance so every little bit helps.

Thanks for letting me show it off!

25 comments:

  1. Thanks! We need to do a pool party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Amazing job! It looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pool looks amazing! So glad you have it in time to cool off in this summer. Hope you enjoy it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an amazing difference! Love the pool, and the red swing in the corner. Looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The transformation is incredible. It must be really satisfying getting it back in shape, and restoring some of its former glory from when you previously lived there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice to restore it and put it back into use.

      Delete
  6. Looks amazing! A perfect spot to read and chill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Backyard pools are nice, but they are TONS of work! Even with a weekly pool service, we still spent a lot of time on ours.

    Your makeover turned out so well. Thanks for the sharing the before and after pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? They’re so nice but lots of maintenance and I don’t even have a hot pool boy to ogle. 😉

      Delete
  8. I've been waiting on this post, lol. I wanted to see all the before and after pictures! I am LOVING the entire thing, especially all the lights. It's such a drastic change, and I can see why you would want to spend all of your time out there. I feel like I'd hang out outside even during the winter. ;)

    L @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so nice. Thanks for indulging me.

      Delete
  9. Good job, you guys on fixing up that pool area! It looks professionally done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my landscaper brother did a lot of it. We did the fences the pool and the furniture, plants, lights etc. but he did the concrete and lawn.

      Delete
  10. That looks so good! Looks like a good place to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Everything looks so great, and those lights are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! I know pools are a ton of work, but I hope you get to reap the benefits of that work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I do. Every day I’m out there enjoying!

      Delete