Friday, July 22, 2011

Follow Friday



Q. Name 3 authors that you would love to sit down and spend an hour or a meal with just talking about either their books or get advice on writing from?

 Well, now. This is quite hard. I have to choose just three?


Markus Zusak
I did have the amazing pleasure to meet him, but to actually sit down with him??? Well, hopefully after fifteen minutes, or so, I could finally muster the courage to actually talk to him.







Mary Shelley
 I think Frankenstein was the first book I ever read that just moved me. Not to tears or laughter or romantic sighing, just deeply, profoundly moved me. Plus, she had the most interesting life. I'd love to just listen to her talk about it.







 J. K. Rowling
 Yes, I know, but how could I resist? Who wouldn't want to meet this woman and talk Harry Potter? That is if she isn't so sick of it she could scream.









RULES of FOLLOW FRIDAY


To join the fun and make new book blogger friends, just follow these simple rules:

  1. (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
  2. (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers - We Fancy Books & Unrequited Desire
  3. Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
  4. Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say "hi" in your comments and that they are now following you.
  5. Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don't just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don't say "HI"
  6. If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love...and the followers
  7. If you're new to the follow friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

17 comments:

  1. Hi & Happy Friday!

    Great author picks..

    I am a new follower.

    My FF, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary Shelly good pick. I'd love to know how she came up with her ideas. New Follower.

    Mama Knows Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yours is the first mention of Mary Shelley I've seen hopping through FF, good pick!

    BJ @ Dark Side of the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome choices - I also chose Rowling and Zusak!You actually got to meet him?! I'm so jealous. New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through. I think everyone's picking JK Rowling b/c it's hard NOT to want to meet her. She's one of my picks too. Cool that you met Zusak.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be fun to actually sit down with Markus, wouldn't it? He had such a fun personality and was so friendly.

    JK is popuplar this week, but I still chose her as one of mine, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sharon, Thanks for stopping by

    Shandy Jo, She had such an interesting life. I'd definitely love to talk to her.

    BJ, Well, I figured being so unoriginal with JK I should pick some one unique too.

    Belle, Yes, I did. He was so awesome and so nice. I was just too chicken to actually say anything while he was signing my books. :(

    Alison, Yeah, I noticed a lot of people choosing Rowling. How can we resist?

    Rebecca, It was a hard choice. Thanks for stopping by.

    Jenni Elyse, I don't think anyone could resist choosing Rowling. I wish I could have talked to Zusak, but I froze.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would definitely love to talk to JK Rowling!! It would be an amazing experience. Thanks for stopping by =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi :) I just found your blog through follow friday :)

    Love your author choices. Especially Mary Shelley. Frankenstein left me...haunted (if that is the right word) once I had finished it so I think meeting the person who wrote it would be eye-opening.

    New follower

    My authors are here My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary Shelley would be an awesome person to sit down and talk with! I can only imagine what she could tell you about life! Nice choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought The Book Thief! I feel like I'm the last person on the planet to read it.

    Mary Shelley would be a fabulous person to chat with - I would really love to know more about what prompted her to write what she did.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cait, I know, wouldn't it be great?

    Alex, Haunted is a good word. Thanks for stopping by.

    Natalie, She led such a strange life I'm not sure I'd be to keen on taking any advice from her but I'm sure I still would.

    Kaye, The Book Thief is great but I preferred I Am The Messenger. I just couldn't resist putting Mary Shelley on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to meet Mary Shelley - she hung out with a pretty interesting crowd.

    I've actually met JK Rowling! She did a booksigning at the bookstore I used to work at. What a fantastic person she is. So hardworking! And she was great with all of her fans.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi. Happy Belated FF from a new follower. Interesting choices; lots of JK Rowling fans out there. Never read Mary Shelley, but I might have to add her to my wishlist.

    http://shikiharu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Madigan, That's so cool that you got to meet Rowling! She was on a lot of people's lists.

    Daniel, Frankenstein is not for everyone but it is an amazing book and I LOVED it! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with all your choices here, yes! Especially the one! :)

    ReplyDelete