Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Sunday Salon


And now a bunch of useless information you never wanted to know about me. ;-)

Outside my window: Oh the heat! It's getting pretty bad.

I am listening to: Nothing this week. Well, nothing new.

I am watching: A list of shows I'm watching this summer: Teen Wolf...don't mock!
The Nine Lives of Chloe King...I don't now how much longer I can take it, though.
Covert Affairs....I love Oggie! Sigh!
Burn Notice...such a great show!
Falling Skies...really freaking awesome!!!!

I am thinking: Why are the things we HAVE to do so hard?!

I am grateful for: The Fourth of July, our american holiday and the giant pool party we have every year.

I am reading: Still, working on Middlemarch and am almost finished with Mercy by Rebecca Lim...I don't know what I think yet.

I am photographing: Nothing, I had hoped to have some fun stuff but that didn't turn out. Next week, though, next week.
I am listing: Nothing

I am creating: Ideas for how to organize my shelves. Come on, people, ideas?

Around the house: Argh! The ants are back in full force!I swear I've tried everything. Anyone have any suggestions?


From the kitchen: Remember the cookies I wanted to make? Well I made them twice. The first time the whole wheat flour I used had gone a little rancid so that was a bust. I made them again and I think they're quite good.  If you're interested here's the recipe. (note) If you're used to refined flour, sugar, etc. I'm not sure you'll like these. They're definitely "whole wheat".


One of my favorite things: Holidays, when I take a break from my diet. ;)

The children this week: No kids, just my cat Buns and she's not sure what to think of all the loud fireworks going on in the neighborhood all the time. 

Plans for the week: I don't even want to talk about it. You know when you have to do things you don't want to?...Yeah. 

Thanks to Ibeeeg of Polishing Mud Balls for the inspiration for this post's layout.

5 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful 4th!! I know what you mean about things you have to do but would rather not. Chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm watching Covert Affairs and Chloe King (agree with you about this one) and I'm an Auggie fan, too. I'm glad it's back!

    For ants, baking soda. I had ants in my apartment that would come through the window and I would put some inside an opened window - it kills them, but you have to vacuum up after.

    Happy holidays to you! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, Thanks, I'll try. ;)

    Kaye, Isn't Auggie great? Thanks for the tip on the ants. I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this set of questions, and always enjoy reading ibeeeg's, suey's, and yours. One of the days I'll do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelley, You should, I'd read it. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete