Friday, July 1, 2011

June Wrapup

Ah, June, the month of my birth! Anywho, here's what I read this month. Now I'm sure you don't remember but I had a summer reading list and besides two books that unexpectedly came up,  I've stuck to the list and only have 17 books left on my summer reading list. I can do it!

Firelight by Sophie Jordan
Filled with cliches and dripping with angst this one still was pretty good.

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Now, the aforementioned angst in this one drove me nuts! Good for some, not for me.

Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon
Retelling of The Little Mermaid that just didn't do it for me. But it had a lovely cover.

The Ghost and the Goth by Stacy Kade
A fun light romp with more depth than I expected.

Bruiser by Neal Shusterman
Deeply imagined gem with a wonderful moral.

The Vampire Stalker by Allison Van Diepen
Mediocre writing but fun story with a great heroine.


The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
Weird, weird and confusing but beautifully written and thought provoking.

The Boyfriend List by E Lockhart
A fast read with character growth worth enjoying.

Middlemarch by George Elitot.
Still plugging through this one, I shouldn't have watched the movie first. Now I know I don't really care for the storyline and it's making it hard to get into.

My least favorite of the month was Mermaid; it was just to weird and took liberties at the end. My favorites of the month were: The Boyfriend List, The Ghost and the Goth, and Bruiser. All great reads.

Don't forget to enter my first giveaway if you haven't yet! Thanks. Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic that you are sticking with your summer reading list. I usually have difficult sticking with my lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ibeeeg, I usually hate sticking to lists too but I find it helps me get some of my TBR book that I own.

    ReplyDelete