Friday, October 21, 2016

Mini Movie Reviews #9

The Light Between Oceans
I'm not even a hundred percent sure why I wanted to see this one and I didn't know it was based on a book until after it ended, but somehow we ended up seeing it. And while it was a beautiful movie it was so sad and, well, kind of pointless. I'm not sure I fully understood it. Maybe I need to read the book. Needless to say, it wasn't one I'm recommending to people












Bridget Jones's Baby
Oh, Bridget, you amuse me so. This one I had to see because I love the original so much. And while it wasn't as good as the first it was definitely better than the second and I found myself giggling the whole time. Which is more than I can say for my poor husband who graciously went with me.













The Girl on the Train
Another book based movie. If you may remember, I really didn't like the book of this one. It was exciting but I could not stand a single character. So why did I see the movie? Because I was curious about the adaption and because I like Emily Blunt so much. I was hoping because I liked her it would make the character more sympathetic. And it worked! I didn't love the movie or anything but I liked Emily. If you liked the book of this one and are curious at all about the movie, I think it's worth a watch.

9 comments:

  1. Interesting. I haven't seen any of these movies and the only book I've read is THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN. I'll definitely watch the movie adaptation when it comes to the dollar theater. Have you read the Bridget Jones books? Are they any good? So many people have raved about THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS that I feel like I need to read it; I'm not chomping at the bit, though. Glad you enjoyed two out of three of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know about The Girl of the Train. I do want to see it. Maybe next week since you didn't WAIT FOR ME!!! I kid, I kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was excited to read The Girl on the Train when the buzz was just starting, but the mixed reviews since have made me a little wary. Maybe I will just watch the movie instead. Anyways, I enjoyed reading your reviews. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw The Girl on the Train tonight and felt the same. While I liked the book, I didn't like any of the characters. Emily Blunt made Rachel so much more likeable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought The Light Between Oceans was a pretty good read ... until I got to the end. And I hated the ending. Which is why I didn't go see the movie. If you do end up reading it, let me know what you think of how the author chose to end it. Because I didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to see all three of these! I'm sorry to hear you didn't like The Light Between Oceans. I thought the previews looked good but then again, they tend to use the most interesting bits for the previews. I read The Girl On The Train and LOVED it so I'm hoping that I'll love the movie (if you didn't like the book and liked the movie, I think my chances are pretty good!). Lovely reviews, Jenny!

    Laura @BlueEyebooks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am curious about The Light Between Oceans but didn't love the book enough to see the movie in theatres.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no interest to see any of these movies. I do love Emily Blunt, but I did not like that book so much! I can't just can't bring myself to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was curious about The Girl on the Train movie because the trailers made it look so good. I had the same problem with the book so yay that she's more likeable! Maybe I'll have to watch it when it goes to the redbox.

    ReplyDelete