Thursday, October 6, 2016

Review: The Hypnotist's Love story

Title The Hypnotist's Love Story
By Liane Moriarty
Genre Adult Contemporary
Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Synopsis
When Ellen's boyfriend of a few weeks tells her he has a secret she imagines the worst. But she never would have guessed that he had a stalker. An ex that just can't quite give him up.

First Sentence
I had never been hypnotized before.







What can I say? Moriarty does it again! I've heard her best books are Big Little Lies and What Alice Forgot and, coincidentally, those are the two I've read. So I was worried her other books wouldn't be as good and that maybe I should have started with them. I needn't have worried. This one was uniquely its own. I've never quite read a story like this. You've got this hypnotherapist MC who's dating a guy who informs her he's being stalked by his ex and things just get weirder from there.

It was crazy and and fun and Moriarty has such a way with words she allows us into the ex's mind and guess what? You can empathize with her! I loved the setting in this one too. Ellen's house that her grandparent's left her on the beach is described so perfectly it's almost a character of it's own.

With so much going on in this one it could have started to feel like a cheesy soap opera but Moriarty handles everything perfectly and tells one crazy yet believable story. I loved it.

Should you read it? 
Yes! Any anything else Moriarty writes!

9 comments:

  1. I haven't read this one yet, but it's definitely on my TBR list. I love Moriarty and agree that BIG LITTLE LIES and WHAT ALICE FORGOT are her best. I also liked THE HUSBAND'S SECRET. Her newest isn't up to par, though, which was disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I probably never would have read this if it wasn't written by Moriarty, seeing as I'm not much into hypnotists or love stories, but I ended up really loving it. Glad you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to give this author a try! I hear such good things about her books I don't know why I haven't read one yet. Maybe because if I read one I'll want to read them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you liked it. I haven't read anything by her yet, but I really want to. I'm glad you liked this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I discovered Moriarty through Big Little Lies and loved it! I then read The Husband's secret and her newest one, and will probably read more at some point, so I was curious about this one. It sounds like a lot of fun, and I need to read what Alice Forgot too, because memory loss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love her books, but I've only read Big Little Secrets and Truly Madly Guilty so far. Will definitely read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never read Moriarty. I feel left out. :( Glad this one was wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only heard of Moriarty this year, but I really want to give her work a try. They are not what I typically read, but the premises of her books sound intriguing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to pick up one of her books!!

    ReplyDelete