Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Review: The Winner's Crime

Title The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Curse #2)
By Marie Rutkoski
Genre YA Fantasy
Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Synopsis
After sacrificing herself to save Arin Kestrel finds herself engaged to the crown prince. With parties and celebrations filling most of her days Kestrel's spirits sink lower and lower. She can tell no one of her sacrifice and lives in fear for her life at every turn.

First Sentence
She cut herself opening the envelope.





Argh! Guys you have no idea how much I'm loving this story! Let me enlighten you! But first...I can't really talk about this one without going into the story so if you haven't read this one or don't like spoilers, I'm sorry. Go ahead and skip this...um...gushing rant.

Guys! My heart broke in this one. I couldn't stand watching poor Kestrel be strong. She's so awesome. She's in such a horrible position and she still starts spying on the court for Herran and stupid, loathsome, moron Arin can't get past his own ego to see what's really going on. I'm telling you, I wanted to rip his eyes out and shove them at Kestrel screaming, "look"! Seriously. The guys a moron. I kind of wish Kestrel doesn't end up with him but we all know she will. He doesn't deserve her. All I know is, there better be some serious groveling from Arin if she takes him back.

That ending! Watching Kestrel's dad betray her broke my heart. I think I screamed a little and almost threw my kindle across the room. What a jerk! How could he do that to his own daughter?! I'll never forgive him!

If I didn't have so many commitments I would have dived into book three. I need to see how this is all going to turn out. Soon. I'll get there soon.

Phew! Thanks for letting me gush and rant.

Should you read it
Uh, yeah.

9 comments:

  1. This is the anguishing book in the series. My poor heart! I will never forgive her dad either. She is SO loyal to him, and he freakin' destroys everything! Yes, Arin is seriously blind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read your review because I haven't read it yet and I don't want to be spoiled in any way. But, I'm so glad you gave it 5 stars! I'm sorry worried this series is going to induce a panic attack when I finally start reading it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll totally spoil yourself when you read it. You won't be able to help yourself.

      Delete
  3. I'm not reading your review, but I wish you had written one without spoilers! But, I can tell you liked it, so that's good enough. I need to get back to this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry. I had to just talk about what happened.

      Delete
  4. I love gushing rants! Haven't read this but you make me want to run right out and buy a copy! Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I fear spoilers and I haven't read past the first book so I only skimmed a tad. I'm so glad you are loving this series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This series is seriously THE BEST! Like you showed in your review, there are just so many emotions all at once, especially with this book :) I just love how the author kept this book exciting, even though it's the middle book in the series. I'm crossing my fingers that you love the last book :) Lovely review, Jenny!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete