Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Salon





Welcome to the new Sunday Salon. A weekly update post about my boring life. ;)

Weather Small Talk: Just weird! There's heavy low clouds hinting of snow but it's too cold to snow. Everything is frosted over. It's quite lovely, but I can't figure out what on earth the weather is doing.

On The Idiot Box: Not much new TV as it's almost Christmas but there's all those warm fuzzy Hallmark\Lifetime\ABCfamily movies to amuse. The funny thing is, I haven't watched even one yet. I'll have to rectify that this week. 



Weekly Reads: I've kinda put Inheritance on the back burner and I finished off The Wednesday Wars and 13 Little Blue Envelopes. I've started reading Existence and Anna Dressed in Blood. Both are entertaining so far.

Crazy Kitty: She's been very well behaved with my Christmas tree and yet, somehow, she still keeps getting sap on her fur.

This Week: I had my family Christmas party Saturday and we had fun. We made gingerbread houses. 
Here's mine. And, no, I wouldn't really lick it. 
Some people had a bit of trouble. ;) 


Movie of the Week: Nothing new and exciting. I did watch The Nativity Story. If you haven't seen this one you should. I love the story but I love the romance. ;)  Hmmm, is that sacrilegious?

Food Talk: Holy Yum. Jessica brought some shortbread to book club and I've been obsessed ever since. I even dreamed about it, people! I made some this morning with whole wheat...sooooo good!!!

Soccer Sightings: Due to my Christmas party I missed my game. :( It's probably just as well, since they wore that red that bugs me so much again. They did win, though.

Music Discoveries: Alright, in honor of Christmas I thought I should do a Christmas song. I've decided this is, by far, my favorite version of White Christmas. 


Plans For The Week: I have one more gift to buy, but other that that I plan on taking it easy. Maybe I'll finish the Zelda game I've been playing. ;) 

8 comments:

  1. First off, I love the new blog look!

    Second, thanks for the shortbread shout out. :) I'm happy to share the recipe if you get desperate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! I know that version! :) I hope it snows this week so we can have a white one! And I agree, the weather was weird this morning and we tried to come up with a name for what was going on, but never could.. besides "it frosted."

    I've never heard of The Nativity Story.

    Love the gingerbread house with trouble. Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mind if I borrow the family Christmas party idea? Looks like a heap of fun. I am obsessed with shortbread as well and it's surprisingly easy to make. Love that you know so many bloggers in real life and get to go to book clubs with them. I've tried to join a few and no one responds to my inquiries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica, Actually I made some with whole wheat that aren't quite as tasty as yours was. So, yeah, I should get your recipe. ;)

    Suey, I know, the weather was so weird! You really should watch the nativity, it's really good.

    Lan, No, borrow away. I'm sorry you can't get a good book club going. It's a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gingerbread house looks amazing! I'm pretty sure mine would look like that second picture if I was ever brave enough to attempt it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrissie, I'm surprised it stayed standing. Just dumb luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That second gingerbread house pic made me laugh out loud.

    Snow would be nice. It's poured rain here, today, and our fireplace is leaking. Joy to the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bookfool, I laughed when I saw their house too. Sorry about the fireplace. :(

    ReplyDelete