Monday, December 26, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday


Today  The Broke and the Bookish asks the question: What were your Top Ten favorite books this past year?


Well there's been some amazing books and some awful books. ;) Luckily for you I'm listing the good ones. Some of these are pre-blog so the link will take you to Goodreads instead of a review post if you're interested, that is. ;) 


1 The Neon Court (Matthew Swift 3) by Kate Griffin
Best book of 2011!!! 


2 Red Glove (Curse Workers 2) by Holly Black
I LOVE this series.


3 The Boyfriend List by E. Lockhart
This was one of those books that surprised the heck out of me. So good! 


4 The Ghost and the Goth (Ghost and the Goth 1) By Stacy Kade
So silly and "light" but I thoroughly enjoyed it.


5 Sean Griswold's Head by Lindsey Leavitt
I'm STILL in love with Sean. 


6 The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
This one get on the list because it surprised me and was impossible to put down. 


7 Shade (Shade 1) Jeri Smith-Ready
Well thought out masterpiece! 


8 Shift (Shade 2) by Jeri Smith-Ready
Yep, I love this series. Can't wait till the third one! 


9 The Wednesday Wars by Gary Schmidt   
I actually read this one twice this year. Adore it! 


10 The Sweet, Terrible, Glorious year I Truly ,Completely Lost It by Lisa Shanahan 
So funny and sweet! 


Sheesh, that was harder than I thought. So I'll mention some runner ups too. 
Under the Dome, The DUFF,  Speak, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, The Underdog, Bruiser. All great books too!   


So, what were some of your favorites this year? 

12 comments:

  1. Don't you find that it's much harder to list the books that you liked compared to the ones you didn't? I'm glad The Sweet, Terrible, Glorious year I Truly ,Completely Lost It made the list. That would have been on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to check out the Curse Workers series and the Shade series, I hear such good things about them! I'm thinking The Duff is making my favorites list, and I haven't even finished it yet. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read The Boyfriend List and absolutely loved it. Have you read any of the other books in the series yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lan, Way to go writing out the whole long title! ;)

    Jessica, You haven't read the Curse Worker series?! Oh my gosh! Now I'm going to have to start harassing you. ;) I wanted to add the DUFF to my list but it just wouldn't fit. :(

    L.L Wasn't it a delight?! I haven't read the rest yet but I definitely intend to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only book I've read on your list is The Wednesday Wars. It almost made my list, but I had 11 other books that I enjoyed more, lol. I wish I could just list everything sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Urgh, how shameful is it that I haven't read a single book on your list! Really must put an end to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenni, Me too! I wanted to a lot more books. Oh well.

    Lan, Shhhh! You're not supposed to tell me. ;)

    Chrissie, Oh snap! Chrissie! You have to read some of these. Especially the Matthew Swift series. So freaking good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of several of these, but I haven't read any of them. Might be time to change that... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this because there are a lot fo books on here that I've been meaning to read, and some I haven't heard of and will be adding to Goodreads. And, seriously, I need to find the first Matthew Swift book if it's the last thing I do.

    Also, YAY for the Curse Workers series and I totally (and happily) blame you for turning me onto them because they are fabulous, dahhhling. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun list! I've only read two of those, but I'm about to start the Wednesday Wars. And I had totally forgotten about the Curse Workers books. I need to start those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. couchpotatocritic, Oh, you really should! At least read The Wednesday Wars. ;)

    Kaye, K, just don't make it the LAST thing you do. ;) I'm glad I "made" you read the Curse Worker books and, more importantly, that you enjoyed them.

    Kathy, Yes you do. ;) Enjoy The Wednesday Wars. It's so funny and sweet.

    ReplyDelete