Monday, January 15, 2018

The Best Of 2017


I know, I know. Not ANOTHER  2017 wrap up  post. Sorry but I felt like taking a look back on the best of 2017.

As I went back through all the books I read in 2017 to come up with this list I realized I wanted to highlight the books I loved but also the books that stood out in my mind the most. So I had some five star reads that aren't making it to this list which makes me realize I might change their rating on Goodreads. Anywho, here they are!


Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Since I've disliked everything else by Rowell this one shocked me. I'm in love with Lincoln and his story.

Ketchup Clouds by Annabel Pitcher
Romantic, funny yet heartbreaking, this one will stick out in my mind for a long time and be reread often.

Furiously Happy by Jenny Lawson
Hilarious! I laughed so hard I cried.

You Are a Badass by Jen Sincero
A book with more than just an idea but actual solutions and actions to take.

The Secret by Rhonda Byrne 
Great ideas presented here.

IT by Stephen King
King never ceases to amaze me. This wasn't a horror story it was beautiful.

The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney 
I liked this one but was surprised how the story stuck with me all year. I'll be rereading this one for sure.

The Break Down by B.A. Paris
Love this newer author. Her tales are suspenseful and wrap up so deliciously.

Be Frank With Me by Julia Claiborne Johnson
Frank will stick with me for a long time. Adorable story.

Sweet Lamb of Heaven by Lydia Millet 
Symbolism done right.

And there you have it! The best, most memorable books I read in 2017. 

12 comments:

  1. Awesome! You had a great year last year! While I loved a lot of the books I year, I'm still sad I didn't have a single 5-star read. Maybe I'm getting more picky with my 5 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I want to read them all... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Attachments a lot; and I think The Nest was a great read, too. I hope Rowell will write more books like Attachments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is a great list! I know that sometimes there are books I loved at the beginning of the year that I don't even remember by the end. The ones I DO remember are the really good ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Nest is one I have wanted to check out. Attachments surprised me because it was not my kind of read at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked ATTACHMENTS a lot. Also KETCHUP CLOUDS, which I read at your suggestion. I want to read FURIOUSLY HAPPY this year since you, Jennie Elyse, and others have been raving about it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed The Breakdown a lot, will definitely read more of her stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to read more Rainbow Rowell! I think I've read one... but it would have been years ago.

    Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just watched the new IT movie and now I so want to read the book. But hubby tells me it's actually really scary so I'm not sure!! I've been iffy about most of Rainbow Rowell's novels. They're very well written but I find that I don't connect to the characters. Maybe Attachments might be different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Attachments made my list a few years ago also. The only Rainbow I have read but the others didn't grab me. BA Paris is quickly becoming a favourite author. I definitely will read the Badass. I didn't have any 5 star reads last year. I have changed ratings before, I get it. Glad you did a top ten.

    Tea Time with Marce

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been seeing so many people say lately that they don't like books by Rainbow Rowell. I have felt for years like I've been missing out, but now I feel like maybe that's not the case.

    ReplyDelete