By Sophie Jordan
Genre YA supernatural/paranormal romance
Recommended by Me
First sentence Sometimes I dream of falling.
Jacinda has returned to the pride. She thought being away from it was bad but being away from Will is worse. It doesn't help that she's having feelings for Cassian or that her mother has sunk into depression. Not to mention the punishment her and her family have received for trying to run away.
What it has going for it
Oh the pain! I read the first book in this series about a year ago and found it rather ridiculous and, yet, I ended up enjoying it. It's one of those books that are stupid but you love anyway. Then my sister read this one and had me convinced that it was good. I knew I shouldn't have trusted her. But, um I'm supposed to be talking about the good things....Hmmm, I really like the cover???
Gotta bullet point the faults.
- Why the heck does every guy in the book LOVE Jacinda? Really? That's so unrealistic. Especially when she has a twin sister...an identical twin sister. Ugh!
- The writing...oh my gosh the author has tons of paragraphs that have like five sentences that say the same thing with only slight differences. Kill me now! Sheesh, if the book didn't have all those repeat sentences it would be like 20 pages long.
- Jacinda! Oh my heck! Seriously, girl, get a freaking life! You're way,WAY, to dependent on guys. First it's Will then it's Cassian. Good grief. Can you say daddy issues?!
- Oh, and, sweetie, you can breathe fire! Why are you just sitting there letting this "cult" control you. Burn them! Burn them all!
- The bad guys aren't even good bad buys. They're just there because, well, gee I guess there needs to be some opposition for our MC. Stupid pointless characters.
- The romance...oh my gosh. All I could think of while reading this was...
Ha Ha Ha! You didn't actually think I had one, did you?
Yea or Nay?
Please, just do yourself a favor and don't read this one!