Friday, December 16, 2016

Review: Made You Up

Title Made You Up
By Francesca Zappla
Genre YA Contemporary
Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Synopsis
Diagnosed with schizophrenia at an unusually young age, Alex battles everyday to decipher between real and imagined realities. Struggling through her senior year of high school and making it to college almost seems like it might happen. Until she meets Miles. Is he or isn't he a figure from her past and why does she find his cold distant personality so irresistible?

First Sentence
Dad said my hair was lobster red.




I'm not sure what I was expecting when I went into this one and choosing to read just about anything in my current state is probably a bad idea. However, read it I did, and liked it. OK, I might have felt slightly schizophrenic myself at times through it but I had fun trying to figure out what was and wasn't real and guess what? There was a surprise in this one I did NOT see coming.

All in all, I liked this one but I expected a bit more humor and less drama. And....Sorry, that's about all I can think of to say about this one.

Should you read it?
Yes, I'd recommend it.

13 comments:

  1. It really liked this one! I'm glad you read it, I don't know many other people who have. I liked the mystery too, and was way surprised by one thing in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering whether to read this, it can be difficult to get books about mental illness right. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and I'm definitely intrigued by the ending. I'll have to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it captured and handled the mental illness part beautifully.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you liked it. It sounds really good. And, I'm glad you didn't see the surprise coming. I know that's always hard to do with you. :)

    PS--You were right regarding our discussion about Rogue One last night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to suprise me. I'm glad it did.

      Yay! I thought I might be right. I'll have to go see it. We haven't yet.

      Delete
  4. I kind of like the idea of this one. I'll have to see if my library has a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been eyeing this book for a long time (seriously, that cover!) and I just need to read it already. I like that it had a twist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I love the cover. It's a good read.

      Delete
  6. Interesting. I've been wondering about this one. Sounds good enough to try.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like I have yet another book to put on my TBR list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wasn't totally blown away by this one, I don't think. But it was certainly very different and intriguing all at the same time. I didn't see the twist coming either! I don't think of this book as one I'll obsessively reread, but I'm still glad I read it overall. Very, very interesting!

    ReplyDelete