Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Salon


Welcome to the Sunday Salon. A Weekly Update of my boring life. 

Weather Small Talk:  Still having that typical Utah spring weather. Hot as Hades one day, cold as ice the next. 

On The Idiot Box: My TV watching is pretty much down to series on Netflix. I tried out The 100, The Paradise and Daredevil. So far I'm only still interested in Daredevil. I guess I'll just stick with Game of Thrones.



Weekly Reads: I read two books again this week! I'm on a roll! I finished Dune and read Elevated by Elana Johnson. 

Crazy Kitties: I'm at my wits end with Belly. She keeps going potty on the bathroom rug. Now I don't get to have a rug in the bathroom. Any tips? Seriously. I've tried everything from punishment to ignoring her and nothing helps. It's a territorial thing and I can't get her to stop. 

This Week: Had some serious highs and lows this week emotionally. Stupid hormones! 

Movie of the Week: No new movies but I watched The Babadook (a Australian horror movie) on Netflix. I laughed through most of it as I often do in horror movies but this one had this whole symbolic thing going and it was pretty interesting. 
 


Food Talk: I know you're never going to believe this but I think I'm all sugared out. I just can't stand the thought of eating more sugary foods...just give me a few days. I'm sure I'll be back to sugar soon. 

Married Life: I decided to add a little something about my married life to this post. Tell me what you think. The past couple of weeks, It's occurred to me that the honeymoon phase is over. No, no. I don't mean I'm miserable and my marriage is boring and loveless. It's just not all passion and lovey dovey crap anymore. However, the communication level has gotten really good and I'd take that any day of the week over romance. 

Lessons Learned: Unfortunately, though I have these amazing breakthroughs about life everyday, I don't seem to act on them very well. Oh well. I'm still working on my goal of the year to love myself more. It's hard guys. Why do we woman struggle with this so much?!

Plans For The Week: The gross swamp we have growing in the pool is going bye bye. I'm so excited to get it all cleaned out and filled. Now if the weather will just cooperate and get warm! 


18 comments:

  1. Tigger has an issue with that as well. We've found that as long as the rug is dry, he won't pee on it, which is easier said than done since it's a bathmat. We've also found that as long as it's very fluffy and not a typical mat, he does better with it. I don't know it that will help Belly at all.

    I like communication more than the romance stuff too. It's nice to have a friend who's there always.

    Sorry you've had some bad days this week. I have too. My depression has been in overdrive. C'est la vie, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bath mats are never wet because my husband and I dry off in the tub then setup on them. Maybe i should try a super fluffy one. Maybe is just this past week because I was depressed all week too.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, you have a pool! It will be so nice when it's clean and ready to use. Ours is sparkling (thanks to the pool guy), but it's too cold to get in the water. We're having some weird weather, too -- weirdly cool, so I'll definitely take it.

    LOL -- It's hard when the reality of marriage hits you in the face, huh? It's a lot of work, that's just the way it is. Communication is definitely the key. After almost 18 years of marriage, I'm STILL finding better ways to communicate with my husband. It's a learning process for sure.

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get it all filled up and clean. I have to be the pool guy but I don't mind.

      Delete
  3. With the rug, is it something that's been there for awhile and Belly is just now acting up? Or is it a brand new rug that's never been there before? Cats are strange that way... it's hard to tell what the problem really is, if it's the rug or something else and they're acting up. Sometimes any change can get a cat worked up. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's an old one. There's been a lot going on stress wise so maybe she's just picking up on it.

      Delete
  4. I've been loving the weather! I watched one half of the first episode of Dardevil before I got interrupted. I need to finish it! And, I heard cats hate the smell of citrus or lavender. Maybe you can spray the rug with that and see if she hates it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your life updates! And I'm with you on the hormones - oy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had the same problem with one of our cats.

    It is nearly impossible to get the smell out of the rug so toss it because she can tell it's a place she's gone before and goes again. At the same time that you get a new rug... get a second littlerbox. We just put it right next to the other one. Girl kitties, especially, are fussy about their litterboxes. Scoop them daily and spray a little Lysol around when you stir up the litter.

    Hope that helps.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the advice. I've tried all that but the spraying lysol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to also mention that we took the cover off the box incase she was worried about being cornered in there.

    Good luck.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, that's my other cats problem and taking the lid off didn't help. Sigh!

      Delete
  9. I only watched an episode of the 100 with my niece once, and it just wasn't for me. We did start Daredevil, and we like that (plus it's got Tristan from Stardust as the lead!).

    Our girl cat is very picky about the litter box, if we don't keep it clean, she will pee on our laundry. Sigh. It's a good incentive to put away the clean clothes though! I guess if you get desperate call that My Cat From Hell... there has to be a solution. Is it a more recent thing? Because you might want to get her checked out to make sure she's not having other issues.

    I like the married life updates! The Hubs and I are going on 13 years, and while it's not the super highs of our courtship, I wouldn't trade the comfort and bond we have now for anything. Not even a cool underground library. ;)

    We had an inground pool when I was growing up, and while I miss being able to swim in private, I don't miss all the freaking work that it required! But when it's nice and clean, nothing can beat having your own pool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's where I know him from!
      Belly's not sick. I'd actually prefer if she wa . Then I'd know what to do.
      Courtship was great and I sort of miss it but things are evolving nicely.
      The pool is a lot of work but so nice.

      Delete
  10. We're having weird weather here in SC too, where we keep turning the AC off and on. It's more the humidity for me than the heat, so I kinda miss that dry Utah weather!

    Sorry I don't have any tips for you about Belly and peeing on the rug. My first cat loved having a cover on her little box, but the next two hated the cover. I had to get them each their own little box too, and put them in separate rooms. Let us know if getting a new rug helps!

    I think that part of the reason women are harsher on themselves is because we take things so personally. Men don't sweat the small stuff and are happier for it. Remember all those Don't Sweat The Small Stuff books from a few years ago? Great advice! I'm still working on it though, as I tend to nitpick sometimes. :(

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I keep switching from ac to furnace. Sigh!

      I tried a new rug and that didn't help. :(

      Seriously wish I could think like a man sometimes until. ..I don't. ;)

      Delete