Sunday, January 1, 2012

December Wrapup


With all the end of year lists this post is probably overkill but it's more for my benefit anyway. ;) So here are the books I read in December and what I thought.

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Yeah, the writing was pretty but it got a little bit on the overkill side.

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
A fun adventure but I never did get what the point of said adventure was.

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Dang my high expectations! No, it was good, just not as good as I thought it would be.

The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
My second time through it this year. I LOVE this book.

Existence by Abbi Glines
Mediocre but I liked it anyway.

Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Just overlook the things that didn't make logical sense and, yeah, it was fun.

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Oh, Cricket! *long dreamy sigh* Romantic and fun!

Favorite of the month was definitely Lola and the Boy Next Door followed closely by The Wednesday Wars and that's only because it was my second time through it. Least favorite of the month was, sadly, Shatter Me...and I had such high hopes. :(

7 comments:

  1. I've heard such great things about Shatter Me. It's a shame it didn't live up to all the hype.

    And I really need to read Lola and the Boy Next Door. I think I must be the last person ever to read this now!

    I hope you have an even better reading month in January :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with your comment on 13 Little Blue Envelopes. And I want to read "Lola and the Boy Next Door" so happy you enjoyed it so much, makes me want to read it even more now. Haha. (You're not the only one who hasn't read it yet Chrissie!)

    I really like your blog! Do you want to do a follower/Link/Twitter/etc exchange? :)

    Wdebo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chrissie, Lola was fun and worth the read. I'm still disappointed with Shatter Me but I'll probably keep reading the series.

    wdebo, Thanks for stopping by! I think I'm following you now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah... jealous you managed to fit Lola in. I need to get to it.

    Can't decide if I'm even going to do a December wrap up. It's three books long...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard of Lola and the Boy. Will have to look that one up. *Most* of my December reads were favorites. It was a great month. Not sure if I'll write about it separately. I hope January is a better reading month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got Shatter Me available to pick up at the library. I think I can tell already that I'm nit going to fall head over heels for it like a lot if others. At least I'll know someone else who isn't impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Suey, I do it got my records so, yeah.

    Bookfool, I hope January is a good month too.

    Lan, you might as well try it. My opinion doesn't always follow the masses.

    ReplyDelete