Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Night With Marissa Myer

I can never do these fun bookish things I attend justice but I shall try. I had the fun opportunity to go meet Marissa Myer the other night, author of this not so little book.


I was actually quite excited for this one. Firstly because this is not a local author and for some reason it's just fun to meet an author from somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, Utah has some great local authors who are always having some event or other but sometimes, because of all those events, I tend to start taking it for granted and getting a little bored. I long to see other authors. I know, I know. Very selfish of me. :(
Anywho, the other reason this event was exciting was because us Utah bloggers were invited to a sit down with Marissa before the actual event. So, we got to sit and listen to her talk about her book and chat with her. It was quite fun and much more personable.

After that fun little sit down there was the "normal" event where we got to hear Marissa talk about how a writing contest to win a walk on roll on Star Trek was the beginning of this four book series.


The whole thing was a blast and of course I got my book signed, as well.....Now if I could just hurry and read it. ;)

14 comments:

  1. Have you started it yet? I read like the first two or three pages, and yes, I'm anxious to now read it for real! It was fun event! I had a blast today too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't yet. :( I just finished I Capture the Castle so maybe I will now.

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous right now! I feel like we never get any good book events. But then again, it's probably just me being clueless. I just found out that Cinder is about cyborgs so now I really want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but you have all the good authors! Surely they do something. I have to admit the cyborg thing is what got me to. ;)

      Delete
  3. Great recap. It was definitely fun to attend. I'm excited to read the book too ... someday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So bummed that I missed this one - especially the private blogger pre-party. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite fun, I wish you could have come.

      Delete
  5. That is so awesome! I really need to figure out where all our local events are, I want to meet more authors. I also never really looked to closely at the cover until now and it is uber awesome! I love seeing through the leg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you really should, they're quite fun. The cover is awesome, isn't it?

      Delete
  6. And here I am missing all those Utah author events, even if I've already met most of them! Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! You've been to some there, though, right?

      Delete
    2. Yes, we have really good ones here (though it is quite a bit farther to travel, so I con't go to as many of them). I've got to do a recap already :)

      Delete
    3. Sorry, I hate driving any distance. Hey, at least you're snow free...so are we at this point, though. ;)

      Delete