Friday, January 20, 2012

A Personal Moment





Remember when I told you I had PCOS? Yeah, too much information, I know. Well, sometimes, if you lose weight, some of the annoying symptoms of it will go away. I was getting so sick of those annoying symptoms that I finally decided to put in the effort and change my eating and exercising lifestyle for good. I also was (was being the key word) insulin resistant which is a step away from being hypoglycemic which is a step away from being diabetic and I really didn't want to deal with that!

So, on the 1st of September 2010 I began my diet. With a lot of hard work and tons of determination I have since lost 85 pounds, am no longer insulin resistant and am still losing. So why am I telling you all this boring info? 

What? Can't I gloat a little? So, here's my before and after pics.








Before




After!
  HA HA! You thought this was a nice serious post! 

But seriously, I once had a bet with my sister that I could get into those little car shopping carts at the store. Needless to say I couldn't. Then after losing weight...I could! Whoohoo! My sister had to buy me dinner. 

26 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is awesome, and you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on losing so much weight, that's amazing! I'm so glad you're much healthier--that's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jenny - that is such an outstanding accomplishment. You should be proud of yourself, and should gloat all you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jenny! I love that you fit in the kiddie cart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HaHa. You really do look great. Are you really in a size 4?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one pair of pants that's a 4 but I'm in a size 8.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Jenny!! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! You should brag! You are proof to those of us with the same diagnosis that we can make changes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job!, Jenny. Getting into one of the kiddie cars is almost enough reward for me to begin eating right so I can. You know I'd try it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo! Congratulations Jenny! You really do look great :)

    I also suffer from PCOS and I just started changing my diet this week. I've only lost 3 pounds so far but it has only been a week! Hearing that you've done so well will definitely inspire me to keep up with the diet :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This? Is why I love your blog. Among other reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha love the before and after! Great news Jenny. I have a friend who has severe PCOS so I know how difficult it must have been for you. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so awesome! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa! I'm just going to give a big thanks to everyone! Even though I was totally trying to be silly it's nice to hear the praise. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome. I was trying to remember what you looked like before, and couldn't. Weird. 85 FREAKING pounds???!!!! That's insane! I wish I had a better attitude and could do the same thing....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's crazy! I don't think I look that different but I'm harder on myself I suppose.

      Delete
  15. Congratulations, Jenny! You look amazing. And I need to know your "plan," "secret," "regime" - whatever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! No regime, I'm far too lazy for that.

      Delete
    2. Sure, sure. You lost 85 pounds without a program of some sort? I'm dubious. :)

      Delete
    3. I didn't say it wasn't hard just not a regime. ;) I exercise 5-6 times a week and for me it was all about cutting down my carbs. Not Atkins, though! That's just crazy! Plus I try to only eat complex carbs that are low on the glycemic index. Um, yeah, believe it or not that's it.

      Delete
  16. +JMJ+

    This is great! Health is so important--and as someone who lives with a diabetic family member, I'm especially glad that you are now two steps away from it. Congratulations! =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I have diabetics in my family too and there's no way I could handle that.

      Delete
  17. check out todays post at Let's Book It - Love you, Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's fantastic! I did giggle at the car thing. Congratulations, that is a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for giggling. I really did mean to be funny, not gloat. ;)

      Delete