Tuesday, January 10, 2012

TBR Tuesday # 1


Well, my friend Dana, has decided to start a little meme called TBR Tuesday where we can take the opportunity to talk about a book or two that's on our TBR shelf. So, I thought, for a change, I'd join her today. You can head on over there link up too.

So, as you know may know, I'm constantly talking about a little series that's technically called Urban Magic but is referred to, by Goodreads and me, as the Matthew Swift series. I LOVE these books and this book, Mirror Dreams and its sequel, Mirrow Wakes are actually by the same author. Different name, same author. So, why then, have both these books been sitting my shelf for years?! I know I'm nervous they won't be as good as I'm hoping and that my expectations are too high, but what if they are as amazing as I'm hoping and I've stupidly been putting them off?! Sigh. I need to pick these dang books up and read them, agreed?

Here's a synopsis so you can be tempted too. ;)

Every dream you've ever had, and every dream yet to come, exists in the Kingdoms of the Void. Every nightmare, too. Because there has to be balance;it's the rules. But the Lords of Nightkeep aren't big on rules;only Conquest, Fear, and Eternal Darkness for All. It takes a powerful wizard like Laenan Kite to keep them in check. But Kite has other worries, and Nightkeep is growing strong. Its Lords hunger for power. And they've turned their gaze towards earth. (from Goodreads)

12 comments:

  1. So glad you decided to join up! This sounds like a great series. I'd heard the names but had no idea what they were about. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, Thanks, I had fun selecting a book to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this author before. But I understand what you mean about being scared to try a second series from an author when you loved their first so much. That second series has got a lot to live up to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chrissie, You, of all the bookish people I know, should read the Matthew Swift books! I bet you you'd love them.

    Suey, Alright already! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand what you mean about having to high of expectations. I think I'd be like that with anything else JK Rowling published. Maybe that's why she hasn't written anything else, lol. But, you never know. You could love it. And, if you don't, it doesn't have to affect how much you love the Swift series.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously know exactly how you feel when you have such high expectations of books that it's difficult to start reading as you're too scared it'll disappoint. Especially since we've both been having so many problems with books that are popular.We both need to start lowering our expectations somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you've convinced me to read the Matthew Swift series. You'll have to convince me on the other one - after you read them, of course :) Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenni, I know! I'd be so nervous to read something new by JK Rowling.

    Lan, Maybe we could take a class. ;)

    Susan, Then my day is complete! ;) I hope you like them.

    Bookfool, Yeah, Suey is super wisdomous and practical.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh. I like the idea of this meme. It might actually encourage me to READ some of those books in the TBR pile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm hoping it will encourage me too. If not, it's still fun to take a relook of all my book and see which ones are anxiously awaiting to be read.

    ReplyDelete