Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday


Today  The Broke and the Bookish asks the question: What books are you excited to read in 2012?


Well, I know most people will be listing books that come out this year, and I'll have a few of those too, but I'm determined to get to some books that I feel woefully behind on. So here they are, ten books or series I'm going to read...THIS year...dang it!




And I've already bought the first five so I WILL be reading them whether I like them or not. ;) 


Again, I own the first three so I will be reading these too. 




I can't wait for this one! I might even have to re-read the first two in anticipation.


I don't think I have to tell you how excited I am for this one! But would you look at the guy on this one?! Blech! 


I've been waiting for this one forever and so many of my friends have already read it. :( I'm being patient. I am, I am, I am! 


So freaking excited!!! But what is up with that cover? It's not awful but it doesn't match the series. 


I love Dan Well's books and this one looks so good! I can't wait to get my hands on it. 


This one won't sit on my shelf for long. ;) 


I meant to get to this one last year but it didn't happen but I'm sure it won't take me long to get to it. 


I know! It's just downright embarrassing I haven't gotten to these yet! 


So, believe you me, there are a ton more I'd like to get to but I'm restricted to only listing ten. Now I just have to decide which one to read first...of the ones I can, of course. 

22 comments:

  1. If I was to make a list it would probably be identical to yours minus the Iron Fey and Maze Runner series! I've read the first VA novel and can't wait to get to the rest! And I'll probably inhale Blackheart and Midnight in Austenland within a day once I get them into my desperate hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, Inhale is a good description of what I'll be doing with some of these books too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Night Circus is supposed to be good! I hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, are we planning on going to Brodi's launch party? I think it's at The King's English.

    You have a lot to look forward to on this list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I'm thinking your blog looks totally different again! I like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gravy! I love your list!!! I am totally going to read the Iron Fey series this year too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd read "Partials" just for the cover...

    You HAVE to read the "Iron King" et al ... a great series.

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only read several of Black's graphic novels, but they're awesome. I need to keep an eye out for more of her stuff. I'd start with that one, if I were you. :)

    Ah, The Night Circus. Hopefully I'll get to that one this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trish, I've heard nothing but good things too.

    Suey, Heck yeah! When is it?

    Rebecca, Oh phew! I'm not the only one that hasn't read the Iron Fey books yet.

    MJ Thomas, Its cover is awesome isn't it? I'm going to get to the Iron Fey books this year if it's the last thing I do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's the info on the Everneath launch party: http://kingsenglish.indiebound.com/event/brodi-ashton-everneath

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really hope you enjoy VA Jenny. The first book takes a bit of getting used to but the characters grow on you I swear. The Iron Fey series is one that I definitely have on my to read list as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. couchpotatocritic, I'm going to read a graphic novel this year, I swear.

    Suey, K, let's do it.

    Lan, K, I'll take your word for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't started any of those series yet (except for The Maze Runner ones - I'm interested to see what you think of them). I'm really excited to read Everneath this year, too. I've heard nothing but good about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kathy, I think, well hope, I like The Maze Runner books but I haven't been in the mood so I just keep passing them by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Of all of those, I think I've read about 2. I loved The Maze Runner and just got a copy of The Scorch Trials, not long ago. Hope to get to it, soon, but I won't probably get my mitts on The Death Cure for eons, since I'm acquiring them via Paperback Swap. Anyway, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, I've been a little out of touch with YA lately, but the cover of Everneath is gorgeous! I started listening to The Night Circus on audio and then realized that the second disc hadn't downloaded. It's on hold until I can get it back at the library. I'll probably get to Midnight in Austenland and The Iron Knight this year as well. I hope you enjoy all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whew! All of these series make me tired. You're a machine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Bookfool, I can't believe how long I've waited, this is the year, though!

    Introverted Jen, Oh, that disk not downloading would drive me crazy.

    Jessica, Not really but I try. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I definitely agree with a lot of these. YOU HAVE TO READ THE IRON FEY SERIES! Love them so much <3 :) I have VA on my shelf as well, and I'll need to re-read White Cat cause I *kinda* forgot what happens. oops.
    Great list! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. iLuvReadingTooMuch, I'm determined to get to them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have a lot of these books on my TBR list, too. Some I'll get to right away (PARTIALS, EVERNEATH), some I'll get to eventually (Kagawa's series, THE DEATH CURE, etc.). So many books, so little time ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Susan, Yes, there are ones on here I'll be getting to immediately upon purchase and others that will take a little longer. But I'm determined to get to them this year!

    ReplyDelete