Thursday, July 21, 2011

Review: Tattoo

Title Tattoo
By Jennifer Lynn Barnes
For Fun
Source I own it

First sentence "Passion Purple, Fruity Fuchsia, Playful Pink."

Synopsis
When four friends share the temporary tattoos one bought they suddenly find themselves with psychic powers. And just in time too, an ancient evil is about to start wreaking havoc on the earth and the friends are the only one who can stop it.

General thoughts
I LOVE books like this. Oh, they look silly, and they are, but what fun and adventure you have in the process. I loved the mix of mythology and fairy lore. I liked figuring out the mystery along with the four girls. I loved, LOVED, the small taste of "real" romance we get. But most of all I loved how strong and individually developed each of the friends were. Sigh, sometimes it's so hard to write reviews for books I liked. If I hated a book I can think of thousands of things to say but if I loved it...I just can't express myself. So, yeah, it might looks silly and light to you, and maybe even like a poorly written book but, I assure you, it's not. It's a fun book with a great story and engaging, laugh-out-loud writing. Besides, it short and you probably can and will gobble it up in an afternoon.

Characters I loved the four friends: Bailey, Annabelle, Zo and, yes, even Delia. Bailey was unsure and hesitant and relies on her friends but by the end she's her own woman. Annabelle the quiet, thoughtful, stubborn one was great and kick-ass Zo? Oh, how I loved her. Delia, fashion obsessed Delia, had me laughing out loud with her ridiculous remarks.

Would I recommend it?
Oh, I more than recommend it, I demand you get a hold of it! Believe me, you'll have a blast reading it.

8 comments:

  1. Okay, you've got me! It doesn't seem like a book that would normally pull me, but I'm going to take your word for and and see past the cover. Sounds like a fun read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaye, Good, you might not LOVE it but I'm sure you'll at least like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so put this on my "I want to borrow" list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being entertained is a great reason to read a book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suey, Will do, just let me know when you want it.

    Dana, It's almost a perfect reason. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there, I'm hopping through from Parajunkee's Follow Friday.
    Have a great weekend!

    Holjo @ Pedantic Phooka
    www.pedanticphooka.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds totally cute and fun. LOVE the first sentence.

    And I know what you mean with writing reviews for books you love. It's so much harder to be positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pedantic, Thanks for stopping by.

    Selina, LOL! I thought the first sentence was not so great for a teaser but, hey, I guess I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete