Tuesday, July 3, 2018

June Wrap-Up 2018

June brought another crazy month around here. We FINALLY got our backyard finished; that dragged out way too long. I don't have complete pictures yet because I'm waiting for my husband to re-set the diving board for the pool so it's all perfectly complete. When that's done I'll be posting some very dramatic before and after pics. Seriously! I just hunted down the before pictures I took four years ago and it's NUTS! It look so different!

Besides all that craziness I had to finally go see a orthopedic surgeon for my thumb. It's been giving me grief for over a year. After an X-ray and an MRI, they determined that, no, I didn't injure the ligaments (yeah, I could have told them that) and that, no, there's no cancer, (thank goodness!) but that there's tendinitis (just as I suspected) and calcification around that joint that may be a cause or a result of the tendinitis. So basically they gave me another steroid shot and told me if it acts up again I'll most likely need surgery to remove the calcification. Can I just cut my thumb off? Grrrr!

And we have another real estate deal underway that's turning into a huge ordeal. When that's all done and set in stone I'll let you know know all about it. For now, I'm just trying to get ready for the pool party I'm having for Independence Day and trying to read as much as I can to counteract all the stress.

Here's what I managed in June. 8 books. Not bad.

The Resurrection of Joan Ashby by Cherise Wolas, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman, The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas, The Perfect Nanny by Leila Slimani, The Broken Girls by Simone St. James, The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters, The Optimist's Guide To Letting Go, and The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.

Favorite this month was Eleanor Oliphant. Least favorites were The Perfect Nanny and The Broken Girls.

14 comments:

  1. Aww... you didn't like The Broken Girls? I thought it was good and very atmospheric. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, no. I’m in the minority as usual.

      Delete
  2. Eight books is great; that's what I managed to read in June, too, mostly because of a lot of unexpected family stuff that took up the majority of my time. Hope July is better...for both of us! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! How frustrating! I hope the shot help a lot! I have a similar ailment... bursitis in my hip. It's manageable with chiropractic care, but it flares up every now and again... Feel better!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bad at all! Sounds like you got a lot read in a busy, busy month.

    Sorry about your thumb! I have tendonitis (trigger finger) in both my pointer fingers and it's super annoying. I hope the steroid shots work for you and that you can be more comfortable soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! That sucks. I’m just glad it’s not my dominant thumb but yeah.

      Delete
  5. It took four years to finish your backyard? How did you stay sane? I remember seeing pictures a few months ago, but I had no idea it had been going on for so long. Yay to it finally being finished! <3

    L @ Do You Dog-ear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we really only started it this year but a few years ago is when we cut all the trees down and then we were just waiting.

      Delete
  6. Congrats on having your backyard done! A pool party sounds like a nice way to spend the 4th- hope you guys have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg. I hope you had a great 4th too!

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you've had an eventful month, Jenny! I'm excited to see the before/after pictures of your background. The progress pictures that you've been sharing looked really good and I can't wait to see the finished product. That's always so satisfying: looking back on how something was before you started the undertaking to change it all. I hope you have a lovely July!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete