Sunday, February 4, 2018

TV Talk Sundays #2


Another week has passed and hours in front of the TV with it. I'll admit I watch way too much TV. Especially when it's cold outside and snuggling up inside is so appealing.

Back To Our Regularly Scheduled Programming
(On TV Now) 


The Good Doctor
Wasn't new this week! I cried a little. I love this show so much that when there's not a new episode on it's a dark, dark day.

The Resident 
Strong episode this week. It brought up the ugly truth of the health care system in this country and the greedy hospital CEOs. It made me mad! It was very rewarding to watch that little bimbo pushing everyone to make patients have more expensive tests get put in her place.

9-1-1
Way more character centered this week. There was hardly any "emergencies" to witness. No sure what I thought of that.

Jane The Virgin
Who's a complete slacker and hasn't watched this week's episode yet? Me! I'll get to it and catch you up next week.

Netflix



The Crown
I watched 2 more episodes of season two this week. I really loved the episode about Elizabeth's sister and her new love interest the photographer. Very fun episode! The other episode about The Duke of Windsor and what he did in WWII was shocking. I had no idea all that happened. Yuck!

Amazon Prime



The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
I INHALED the entire 1st season of this one this week! Have you head about it? It's done by the creators of Gilmore Girls. Just BE AWARE this is NOT Gilmore Girls. This isn't edited for content because it's on TV. There's swearing and some brief nudity. That aside, I hope you still give this delightful, Golden Globe winner comedy a shot. It was excellent. I loved the feel of it, the story line, the wonderful cast of characters. I LOVED it! LOVED it! Seriously. I'm so sad there's not another season waiting for me yet.

9 comments:

  1. Meh I keep meaning to start both The Crown and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and I never seem to find the time! (that and I'm too obsessed with Criminal Minds at the moment... I'm on the last season on Netflix though so I'll need something to fill the void in a couple of weeks) Hopefully when I've finished off my rewatch of Pretty Little Liars and the last season of Criminal Minds, I'll be able to start them both. I've heard such great thing about them both. Coincidentally, I also have never seen Gilmore Girls (I'm so behind, I know!) so that's also on my list :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been contemplating watching Pretty Little Liars but am afraid it will be too petty for my tastes.

      Delete
  2. Yep. I watched The Resident and omg, I am so glad I live in Canada. But I was so sad for no new The Good Doctor. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? The greedy hospital CEOs are the worst. And this isn't just for the sake of the show. This is real. Don't even ask me how much I had to pay for an emergency room visit.

      Delete
  3. Hmm, I haven't watched any of these except The Good Doctor, which I only saw a bit of, but it looked good. I'm trying to find time to watch Altered Carbon on Netflix, but I'm only on episode 2 so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to watch Altered Carbon but everyone that's watched it so far has been disappointed. Are you liking it?

      Delete
    2. Altered Carbon has been disappointing for me too, frankly. I was expecting a little more. Moves too slow too, and the lead is not very compelling. I finished episode 4 last night and so far I'd give it a B- or a C?

      Delete
    3. Well that’s depressing. I guess I’ll see if I feel the same way.

      Delete
  4. I still haven't progressed much with my TV watching. I haven't head time. One of these days.

    ReplyDelete