Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Sunday Salon


And now a bunch of useless information you never wanted to know about me. ;-)

Outside my window: It's seems to have cooled down a bit and is raining, but that's fine by me!

I am listening to: I've been having a blast finding old Nintendo songs online and editing them down to use as ring tones.

I am watching:  I saw Green Lantern this week, It wasn't great but it was fun and Ryan Reynolds cracks me up so that was worth it. 

I am thinking: I don't want to think, you know what I  mean? 

I am grateful for: Family, I know, I know, crazy right?!

I am reading: Slowly but surely making my way through Middlemarch and I'm reading Bruiser my Neal Shusterman which is really great so far!

I am photographing: Nothing this week.
I am listing: I posted this week about books I've never read that might be shocking to some people.  

I am creating: I'm in charge of my family's reunion this year and I think I've got it all planned out but I'm still thinking of ideas.

Around the house: I'm so cotton pickin' sick of sweeping outside my door! Every time I do the dang wind picks up and every leaf and speck of dirt decides right outside my front door is the best place to hang out!

From the kitchen: I made some egg salad the other day and since I don't like or have mayo I substituted ranch dressing and was pleasantly surprised.

One of my favorite things: Fruit, when it's it season. Soooo good!

The children this week: No kids, just my cat Buns and she's been having fun playing with a new toy a friend gave her.

Plans for the week: We finally got the pool filled and will need to be getting the chemicals in it. I plan on laying out and braving the frigid waters at least once. Well, if it stops raining.



Thanks to Ibeeeg of Polishing Mud Balls for the inspiration for this post's layout.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love when it's cool and breezy just after it rains (or even when it is raining). I love reading this weekly post, it's so calming - even the name of it!

    I think I'm going to have to splurge on the set of Neal Shusterman's book sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaye, You should! I love Shusterman. You should steal the post idea. I'd love to read yours.

    ReplyDelete