Saturday, October 1, 2011

September Wrapup

As you may remember I wanted to work on some series I was behind on. Sigh, I didn't do as well as I would have liked but I did manage to get two series out of the way and that's something...right? Right?! ;)


Birthmarked by Caragh M O'Brien
Ugh! This one drove me crazy on levels I didn't even know I had!


The Body Finder (Body Finder 1) by Kimberly Derting
Too high of expectations and an overly controlling boy ruined this one for me.

Desires of the Dead (Body Finder 2) by Kimberly Derting
Dang you, you stupid book, you made me want to read more!

The Underdog by Markus Zusak
Can Zusak really do anything wrong? Really?! No.

Road to Rome (The Forgotten Legion 3) by Ben Kane
A fine conclusion to a fun series. (sorry, I didn't review this one)

City of Bones (Mortal Instruments 1) by Cassandra Clare
This time, too low of expectations helped me enjoy this adventurous story.


City of Ashes (Mortal Instruments 2) by Cassandra Clare
Meh, I still don't get what everyone sees in Jace but I enjoyed it.

City of Glass (Mortal Instruments 3) by Cassandra Clare
Too predictable but a nice wrapup and I've no intention of reading any more of this series.


Favorite of the month was The Underdog and least favorite was Birthmarked. Also, and I thought this was rather interesting, every book I read in September was written in third person, and I didn't even plan it that way. Weird huh?

9 comments:

  1. I finished ALL of Underdogs this week, including the two I re-read. Loved it tons better than the first time even. Had a hard time trying to convey in words for a review, which should appear sometime next week. Ugh! So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still no Zusak for me, but I'm working on it. Can't believe you've managed to read so many TMI. It's great that you can keep reading books even when they irritate you. I usually just give up and then complain that I've wasted my time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you did pretty good reading wise this September to me! I miss the summer where I could read pretty much 24/7...stupid Masters keeping me away from my books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suey, I do not envy you. There's no way I could even begin to describe my feeling on Getting the Girl.

    Lan, Meh, they weren't so bad that I could NOT read them but I'm impressed with myself for persevering.

    Natalie, Sorry. School and work...stupid time wasters. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You shouldn't read on in the Mortal Instruments series. The City of...whatever the 4th one was...I couldn't even finish and I really really liked the first 3. You should try her Clockwork series. I liked the first in that series a lot! I've wondered about Birthmarked and now I will wonder no more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie, I can't agree enough with you. I've been such a lousy reader and commenter, I'm so sorry guys!

    I just bought Birthmarked (signed) and I'll have to keep your reservations in mind, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah, I might try the Infernal Devices but I'm done with TMI series.

    Kaye, Everyone else seemed to like Birthmarked so just ignore me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job on the series! I only read "City of Bones" and although I liked it (mostly the sense of humor), I did not feel like reading the rest of the series.

    I need to read some Zusak!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Selina, Yeah, I'm pretty determined when I want to be. ;) You really need to read a Zusak, you won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete