Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Mini Movie Reviews

So I hardly do movie reviews but the truth is I hardly see any movies, well, new ones. I have seen a few, though, and I thought I'd mention them.

I had to mention this one even though everyone else is too. To be honest, I didn't particularly love the book. I didn't hate it, not at all, but I didn't love it. Still, I wanted to see the movie and I enjoyed it. I think they covered all the main points and the casting was great. My favorite part in the book was the first date between Skeeter and Stuart. I was laughing so hard! It wasn't as great in the movie but that's OK. All in all, it was fine.

Hee hee! I went and saw this one with my sister and her husband and, um, it was totally made for guys to drool at. Nevertheless, my sister and I had a blast making fun little comments about it.

Yes, I JUST saw this one. I knew going into it that it wasn't a movie for kids because I'd heard about all the outraged parents. I didn't think it was THAT inappropriate but I'm not a mom so maybe that's why. There were several points I laughed right out loud. It wasn't the best movie ever but I enjoyed it. I especially loved the cameo by Timothy Olyphant. ;)

So those are my little movie reviews, um, not that you could really call them reviews but hey.

9 comments:

  1. I thought Rango was fun. I loved Johnny Depp's voice for Rango. He did a fantastic job and I loved Timothy Olyphant's cameo too.

    I'm not sure why parents were outraged either. But, then again, I'm not sure why parents are outraged by most things. I say talk about it with your kids instead of being all evil about it. But, that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I'll see Help, though probably on DVD... and the second one I've never heard of, and the third one I have no desire to see, even if it DOES have Johnny Depp's voice in it!

    Hey, and just so you know, I'm asking for people to join us for Under the Dome on my blog today. If you advertise too, maybe we'll get a couple of takers and make it an official group read. If so, we'll get organized maybe even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni, Yeah, I don't get it either. As a kid, it wouldn't have bothered me so...whatever.

    Suey, Sounds good. You sure you're ready for this? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. +JMJ+

    Personally, I didn't care for Rango, but I'm baffled to read that parents were outraged by it. Exactly what about the movie was so controversial?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enbretiliel, I don't know. I guess it just looked like a kids movie and had a few things that might bother kids. Whatever! It drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally thought Rango would be a kid's movie, so I was surprised by it. But I don't know why anyone would be outraged. I did think it was kind of weird, though. Was Timothy Olyphant the Clint Eastwood impersonator? :)
    I want to see The Help, but probably from the redbox. I liked the book ok but I think all the hype hurt it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, Yeah, that's who Timothy was. I'd wait to see The Help too if I hadn't already seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really wanna see The Help (everyone's told me to go see it so yeah...) and I haven't seen Rango yet! Want to though, sounds really cool :P
    Great Movie Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahah I thought Rango was a lot of fun to watch! I didn't hear that parent's were outraged by it though! Interesting.... I"ll have to watch again and pay closer attention! And I've been dying to watch The Help! I meant to go see it with my friends before I moved....but now I'm stuck in a new city with no form of transportation other than the bus...so guess I'll have to wait for the DVD :P

    ReplyDelete