Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday


Today  The Broke and the Bookish asks the question: What ten books do you want to re-read?

Re-reading is so hard when you feel overwhelmed by all the new or new to you books you want to get to, but I've always thought books that we love deserve more than a smile and a nice review; they deserve a to be enjoyed again and again. I can definitely think of more than ten but I'll follow the rules.

1 Avalon High by Meg Cabot
I still think about this book and just shake my head at its awesomeness!

2 White Cat and Red Glove by Holly Black
I know I'll have to revisit Cassel and his crazy family over and over and over and...

3 The Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
I was laughing on page one and laughing on the last page, as well. I'd love to do that all over again.And guess what? I get to, cause my book club is reading it.

4 Just One Wish by Janette Rallison 
This was the first JR book I read and I absolutely adored its mix of funny and sad.

5 Harry Potter 1-7 by J.K Rowling
I'm sure these will be on everyone's list. Come on, people, they were THAT good.

6 The Inheritance series by Christopher Paolini
I'm actually going to re-read these in anticipation of the fourth.

7 The Urban Magic series (aka Matthew Swift books ) by Kate Griffin
With how much I gush about these did you honestly think I'd leave them off a re-read list? Really?!

8 The Schwa Was Here by Neal Shusterman
I love, love, love Antsy and I would love to read all about him again.

9 Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
It's my favorite book of all time! I have to re-read it...a lot!

10 Anything by Markus Zusak
I love his books and not only have I read them each more than once I plan on reading them again and again. Don't try to stop me!

So, I guess I'll stop but I certainly could go on. Have you read any of these? Do you find any worthy of a re-read?

15 comments:

  1. I totally agree with Markus Zusak. I LOVE his books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frankestein is one of my all time favorites too, definitely need to re-read that one too. I just recently read Avalon High and thought it was interesting and fun. I haven't ready anything else on your list yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harry Potter made my list! I haven't read anything else on your lists, lol. But, that doesn't surprise me. At some point, I will finish The Book Thief. I just need to get through a few others first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have several similiars! (I think I just made up that word, but I like it) :) And the rest on your list? I could easily re-read too. See, we aren't so different!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Book Thief, Frankenstein were great, and the former made it onto my list this week.

    Paolini's books made it, too..sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in love with White Cat and Red Glove :) I'd totally re-read them as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheesh!! I haven't read any of those! Boy have I got a lot of reading to do. If I could just get rid of all these stupid green tomatoes. I did relish, jam and a cake today all with green tomatoes and I still have a stupid bucket full of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know Frankenstein is a keeper - I am reading it in a week or two! I'm also reading I Am the Messenger right now and it is great. So different from The Book Thief, but I like seeing what Zusak can do. And Avalon High = sheer joy. I know I have a copy of it somewhere. I need to dig it up and read it during midterms or something!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dana, Yep, anything he writes is worthy of a re-read.

    Ang, The more I think about Avalon High the more I like it.

    Jenni, Oh they're all great eventually I'm sure you'll get to them.

    Suey, Oh I know we're not THAT different, in fact, if it weren't for Sanderson we might be a lot closer. ;)

    couchpotatocritic, Yeah, anything by Zusak is re-read worthy.

    Natalie, I know, they're so great! I might just have to re-read them before the next one comes out.

    Cowboy mom, The lack of books down there depresses me! It makes me want to send you books like crazy! Sorry about the tomatoes.

    L.L, I like I Am The Messenger better than The Book Thief but you're right, it's very different. Avalon High would be a great comfort re-read.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay okay, I get it. I shall go and find a Markus Zusak book pronto. I go through the first few chapters of White Cat and then it was due at the library. I might go and borrow it again now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lan, Yes, it was my full intention to guilt you into reading a Zusak very, very subtly. ;) You should give White Cat another chance. It's predictable but a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As much as I love to read, I just don't re-read a book, no matter how much I like it...never have, and probably never will.

    Frankenstein and The Book Thief are two books that I read last year and loved. Frankenstein was a real surprise to me; I read it as part of a classics challenge, and thought I was going to hate it as I don't read horror or sci-fi, but I found myself feeling such sympathy for the monster, and was taken in by the beauty of the writing and the overarching sadness of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. TheBookGirl, Oh, how can you not re-read?! I'm so glad you liked Frankenstein. The writing is beautiful and the story entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just added The Wednesday Wars and the Inheritance series to my TBR-the-first-time list! I struggle with rereading, because of all those great new-to-me books out there. As I do it a little more, though, I do find I enjoy it with certain books and hope to do it more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Erin, I wish I could go back and experience both The Wednesday Wars and The Inheritance books for the first time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete