Thursday, September 1, 2011

August and Summer Wrapup

Phew! Summer is finally out of here! Poor Summer it's not its fault I'm such a fair weathered friend. Oh well. This month was a slower calmer reading month for me but I think  enjoyed everything I read. How nice is that?


Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready
A wonderful, well thought out, attention to the details, book.

Possession by Elana Johnson
It was all like a strange, strange dream.

Nightlife by Rob Thurman
Action packed adventure meets amazingly relatable characters in this fun urban fantasy.


Shift (Shade 2) by Jeri Smith-Ready
Bring on the answers to the first book. Whoohoo!


The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies 2) by Pittacus Lore
When bad writing is good. So good!


Favorite of the month were Shade and Shift. Least favorite was Possession but even it wasn't that bad. All in all, a good reading month.

Now onto my Summer wrapup. You may recall I wrote a post about the books I planned on reading this summer here. Well, with the exception of a few books I pretty much stuck to it.

Books I read that were not on my summer reading list:
The Vampire Stalker
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake
Shiver
Shift (Shade 2)

Books that WERE on my list but didn't get read....yet.
Under the Dome
The Virgins Lover
Colonel Brandon's Diary
Birthmarked...but I'm reading it now and counting it as a summer read. ;)

So my original plans were to read 21 and I managed 22 so I don't feel guilty at all. So did you have reading plans this summer? Did you fulfill said plans?

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on fulfilling your goals!! I really need to read shade, it's on my pile and I've heard it's good

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a busy August Jenny :) It's finally spring here in Australia!!! I am jumping for joy because honestly, I am over the super cold weather. Will have this conversation again in 3 months when I am sick to death of the heat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! That's a great accomplishment for the summer. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cait, It's a great series, you really should. ;)

    Lan, Yeah, I was begging for summer a few short months ago and now I'm sick of it.

    Jessica, Thanks, I'm glad I pretty much stuck to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on meeting your reading goal...and surpassing it by one book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My summer plans were to read. I did, but I'm not sure I finished any book. Luckily with everything else I have to do,The kids back in school make reading, anything at all, much more doable. I now plan on finishing everything I've started. The Harvester....the red pyramid....hmmm a couple of political books. Ah well I'm actually starting to get that ansy feeling of wanting to write a book again.....Maybe this year I'll get that going..again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natalie, Thanks!

    Cowboy mom, Well, I hope you have more time to read. I mean, what kind of future librarian would you be if you hadn't read lots and lots of books? ;)

    ReplyDelete